PDA

View Full Version : What's the best insurance

06-18-2002, 12:47 AM
I've been wondering,  what insurance companies do all of you use to insure your Trailmanor.  I had a problem with an insurance company not being able to properly value my camper and decided to cancel that policy.  Before going on the road again, I need to get some other insurance. Unfortunately, the insurance sold through Camping World is not available in Michigan.  So, who's got the best rates and knows how to properly value a Trailmanor?

Gary

06-18-2002, 11:20 AM
We have our Trailmanor insured under our auto policy.  We also had our popup insured in the same manner.  Is this OK?  It is fairly inexpensive (I think).  Around $80 per year.

Bruce
06-19-2002, 03:15 AM
We use the insurance from Camping World and have been very satisfied. We had one large claim from hail damage and it was handled well.  Most adjusters and insurance companies will not be familiar with TMs but that does not need to be a problem. I referred the adjuster to the dealer so she could better estimate the damage.

Bruce

Happytrails
06-19-2002, 10:06 AM
Mine's automatically covered under my auto policy as long as I'm towing it, but to get extra coverage, (as in like collision), I have to pay about 75 bucks a year extra on a 4,000 value through Allstate. My agent simply asked me how much I wanted to value it at, and that determined the payment. I have my homeowners, and all my auto insurance through them and get a pretty good rate.

Happytrails.......