PDA

View Full Version : Weather Resistance

Ted Lehmann
02-04-2006, 07:00 AM
We're on our first extended trip in our 2004 2720 SL. Here in Arcadia, FL we're experiencing torrential rains and thunder storms. Generally, we're pleased with how dry our rig is despite really hard rains and strong winds. However, Irene has noticed a good deal of wetness near the floor at the door hinge. She noticed that it was stained at the door stop when we bought the rig, which had stood open at the dealer for some time. Is this a common problem in heavy rain? Does anyone have any ideas about how to reduce this incursion of water? - Ted Lehmann

Leslie & Nick
02-04-2006, 08:10 AM
We have a 2002 2619, and have not noticed water leaking at the door frame, so I'm not sure how prevalent a problem this might be. I'm sure the driving winds are forcing water past some sort of seal. Are you sure the trailer is level? I have noticed that the door binds if the trailer is not reasonably level. This might be causing water to leak at the frame (??).

I'd call the TM factory on Monday and get their opinion and suggestions for a possible fix, or maybe someone else here has experienced the same problem, and has an idea. In any case, this sounds like something you'd want to get taken care of.

rockerga
02-06-2006, 05:54 AM
We're on our first extended trip in our 2004 2720 SL. Here in Arcadia, FL we're experiencing torrential rains and thunder storms. Generally, we're pleased with how dry our rig is despite really hard rains and strong winds. However, Irene has noticed a good deal of wetness near the floor at the door hinge. She noticed that it was stained at the door stop when we bought the rig, which had stood open at the dealer for some time. Is this a common problem in heavy rain? Does anyone have any ideas about how to reduce this incursion of water? - Ted Lehmann

Do you have a drip cap? My caulk seal on the awning was imperfect so the rain was able to get behind it and then directly into my door insulation puddling inside my unit. The quick fix was to place a drip cap above the door. This summer I will re-do the seal on the awning. DRY AS A BONE NOW! The attached pic not only shows the drip cap but look closely and yo can see the water dripping from below the awning as I was testing it.

If you have no drip cap call Ed Lytle at the factory and he'll set you up.