PDA

View Full Version : Can hurricane victims live in a TM?

charlie o
01-23-2006, 12:40 PM
I also live in Slidell and lost eveything to Katrina (lived on rat's nest road). Since I am not going to rebuild I am looking for a place to live. I am thinking about a TM. Are they big enough to live in? Is a 2003 Chevy Venture mini-van big enough to pull a 2720sl?

MidwestDave
01-24-2006, 05:40 AM
Hi Charlie O, go to Trail Manors web site and click on towing. There you will enter information on your TV and see is it classifies. Trailer weights are at the same sight just click on floor plan I believe and you can get statistics there. Good luck! :)

Midwest Dave
2002 Dodge Grand Caravan 3.8L,tow package
soon to have 2006 model 2720 TM

Bill
01-24-2006, 05:56 PM
Charlie, there has been a lot written about spending an extended period of time in a TM. It is too much to repeat here - you need to rummage around some on this board. To get you started, use the Search tool, plugging in the word "Extended".

Most of the information about tow vehicles is in the Towing Rigs forum (no surprise!) Scan through this to see if there is information on your vehicle, or something sdimilar - as well as some general conclusions about tow ratings, wheelbase, and so forth.

Bill