PDA

View Full Version : Sedona, Arizina

Tuscany Bandit
09-11-2005, 05:41 PM
We are planning a trip to Sedona and a side trip to the Grand Canyon and wondered if any one has info/or has stayed at Lo-Lo-Mai Springs campground that is just south of Sedona.
Any feed back about campgrounds in this general area would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Jerry

BobRederick
09-11-2005, 06:52 PM
I have timeshares in Sedona. Its a GREAT place to stay. Don't miss it and stay as long as you can. So many good things have happened for me in Sedona, its a story in itself. I love it there. In addition, my son has access to an in-law cabin in Oak Creek at the upper end of the canyon.

I have taken my camper there (Coleman and TM), go on up the switchbacks towards Flagstaff beyond the populated Oak Creek Canyon area and camp in the national forrest about .5 or 1 mile beyond the top. I think it is the next turn-off past the overlook on the right. You have to open a gate to get in. This area is virtually deserted. Be aware, it is about 7000 feet altitude, so it is cool there which is a very good thing this time of year. Its forrested with a dozen or so fire rings set up by previous campers.

Enjoy!

Senorsedona
09-11-2005, 08:22 PM
You'll have te time of your life, Sedona is THE place to visit.

LO-Lo-Mia is a great place to stay. It is right on Oak Creek and has beautiful trees. There was some flood damage this spring, I'm sure they have gotten everything cleaned up by now. You will pretty close to all the sights.

If you need help with anything drop me a note. I live about 5 miles from the park.I first stayed there about 1977.

Keep in touch...............Jack