PDA

View Full Version : Greenbelt National Park

RsnthlBxtr
09-09-2005, 08:19 PM
We are planning an April 2006 school vacation trip to Washington, DC, and plan on camping at the Greenbelt National Park outside of DC. If you have camped at the park, we'd like to hear from you. I particularly am interested in knowing how accessible the park is to DC via the metro, and whether there are other campgrounds closer to the capital. It is our understanding that Greenbelt is approximately 12 miles from DC. Thank you. LPB

Fun4Us
09-10-2005, 09:44 AM
I have not stayed in Greenbelt park but live in the area locally. I would be more inclined to look at Cherryhillpark.com. This is in College Park (home to the University of Maryland - GO TERPS!!) which would be accessible to the College Park metro station. They are both very accessible to DC. To take the metro into DC you want to get an early start as often the metro parking lots fill up early. I know this is true of Greenbelt but am not sure if this is a problem at College Park. The Cherry Hill RV website indicates it has a bus depot with tourist information. It may even have a bus that will take you to the metro station and avoid this issue. I would highly recommend taking the metro into DC to avoid the traffic and parking issues. :o

RsnthlBxtr
09-11-2005, 06:39 PM
Thanks for the tips.

jimair1548
10-18-2005, 05:28 PM
Thanks for the tips.
We stayed a Greenbelt a year ago this past Sept. It was very nice, and about 1/2 mile from the metro. As a senior with a Golden Age Passport, the rate was $7.00 a nite. (not bad at all!!) Had clean showers and toilets, but no hook-ups at the sites. It is very close to the beltway, and shopping. Enjoy!!!......Jim