PDA

View Full Version : Trying to get a handle

RickNewcomb
08-09-2002, 12:01 AM
Last night I felt it was time to give the TM it's mid season bath. As I climbed up on the ladder to wash the roof, I noticed a little black handle and a screw lying on the roof of the back shell. It only took me a minute or two to realize it was the crank handle from the roof vent. The screw must have vibrated loose.

So, if you are missing the handle from your roof vent, check the roof of the back shell it may be there.

bbeckham
08-10-2002, 01:35 AM
Is there any reason why locktite would not be a good idea to use on the nuts in the TM? I've read a lot of post refering to nuts which have vibrated loose. Wondering if this product might help.

Betty

Denny_A
08-10-2002, 09:39 AM
Is there any reason why locktite would not be a good idea to use on the nuts in the TM? I've read a lot of post refering to nuts which have vibrated loose. Wondering if this product might help.

Betty

Betty,

I certainly hope there's no reason to "not" use locktite (or it's equivalent). I've used thread lock fluid (not locktite) on my shell hold-down bracket screws.

Just be sure you get the version which allows the bolts/screws to be removed with ordinary tools. The fluid of my thread-lock was sky-blue. There was a red fluid version which has more holding power. So, beware - there are different levels of holding power available. If you get the industrial strength version, need a drill-to-remove kind, it might become a sticky-wicket kind of problem eventually.

Denny_A