PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation needed Waynesville, NC

eapple516
07-30-2005, 10:07 AM
Can anyone recommend a campground in the Maggie Valley/Waynesville, NC area? Thanks....

Jim-NY
07-30-2005, 11:17 AM
I have no first hand information to share, but I looked in my “Frommer’s Best RV and Tent Campgrounds in USA”. They recommend both the Cherokee KOA www.cherokeekoa.com and Smokemont Campground, also in Cherokee, NC. The later is a federal campground in Smokey Mountains National Park. It is rated one star (out of 5) better than the KOA in each of the following categories: beauty, spaciousness, insect control, quiet, and cleanliness. The KOA is rated two stars higher in security. However, there are no hookups, only a dumping station, at Smokemont. Both campgrounds have no less than 3 out of 5 stars in all categories this guide rates.

There is more information from the book that I could share if you have any questions.

Jim

Flatstanley
07-31-2005, 02:02 PM
You might try Camp Adventure located at Lake Junaluska in Maggie Valley. This camp is owned by the Methodist Church and has been redone in the past two years.

Joe
07-31-2005, 07:39 PM
The Appalachian TrailBlazers had a rally at the Cherokee KOA a couple of years ago. If you need hookups that would be the place to go. They have a good camp store and also have a snack bar that served a pancake breakfast Sunday morning. If you are into tube rafting, they arrange for the bus to take you and pick you up.
The sites were flat and grassy.