PDA

View Full Version : Georgia State Park

TexasThunder
07-23-2005, 01:47 PM
From our recent 2 week trip I have picked this spot as my favorite. Its Hard Labor Creek State Park in Georgia. In Texas, getting a spot by the water can sometimes be like competing in a sport, so when I was offered one, I grabbed it. Was I surprised to see what my daughter described as chocolate water, and she was more than willing to dive in. There were some pretty big mud turtles out there. Even though there were other kids playing in it, I got the little plastic pool out for her and her little brother to play in.
The recent rains and it being the end of the long holiday weekend pretty much left it deserted.

carlnkathy
07-23-2005, 02:34 PM
We went to Tybee Island, just outside Savannah, in May. The weather was perfect. The RV park there is about 100 yards from the beach. They had wireless internet free of charge, but I wasn't able to get onto the network. There is a great lighthouse there.
After Tybee, we went on up the coast and stayed at a great state park in South Carolina: Huntington Beach. You are only a short distance from a beautiful unspoiled beach. I attach a shot from each place.