PDA

View Full Version : The board is back - thanks, Chris!

Bill
07-20-2005, 08:28 PM
Chris –

Thanks for working on behalf of all of us to get the board through the recent problem. Judging from the amount of turmoil when the board went down, folks may or may not want their MTV, but they DO want their TMO!

I’m not sure that the new folks realize that you created this board yourself, out of interest in TMs. And I’m not sure that everyone realizes that you paid the expenses out of your own pocket for quite a while. And that even now, with a seemingly smooth-running board, you put in an awful lot of time behind the scenes maintaining the board, by yourself, even when you have better things to do. The last couple days have been an example of just what that means - I'm glad the board is back.

We’re all in your debt. Thank you.

Bill

2bcs1jrt
07-20-2005, 08:42 PM
I agree!! This board is a great tool and the folks on it are so helpful. Thanks for getting it back up and running! As a new owner of an old TM the questions abound! Im glad to have this forum to sooth my angst and find my answers!
Thank you!
Cheri

BobRederick
07-20-2005, 09:12 PM
Chris
Thanks from me, too. Sure missed the board when it was down. Thanks for all the good work. This is a great forum.
Bob

Chris
07-20-2005, 09:17 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HH

:new_all_c

WOW!!! My sincere apologies! Here's what happened - The TrailManor Owners Pages name - www.trailmanorowners.com (http://www.trailmanorowners.com) was registered for two years. Those two years came up recently, and I extended the name, and paid for another two years...Well, aparently something got goofed up with out hosts, and it didn't get extended. :new_Eyecr They send their apologies for the trouble. I've decided to go month to month with them for now as they're on probation. We were locked in for two years - which gave us a discount, but at this point, I've put them on probation, and if they can't put some discipline in their processes, I'm going to move us to a different host. My preference is not to do that, but we may end up there. The downtime has been "minimal", but as an IT professional that has run operations before, it's too excessive for me. We'll see how they do. I'm preparing a letter to them to let them know where they're missing expectations, meeting, and in some cases exceeding.

Anyhow, my apologies on behalf of the host. I'm glad that everyone is continuing to enjoy the board, and again it surpassed everything I ever wanted it to be. We should all be proud.

And my hat off in thank you to the Moderators and the frequent posters - the ones that really make the board great!

As a reminder - if you want a Trailmanorowners.com email address - like [email protected], let me know and I'll set you up. I can also set you up with a small website if you want as well off of the TMO site.

Thanks!
Ct..

Larry_Loo
07-20-2005, 09:48 PM
Thanks for your hard work in maintaining this board and getting it back online. It seemed like there was a small part of me not functioning over the past 2 days when I couldn't access the TMO board. ;<D

Denny_A
07-20-2005, 10:38 PM
.........is an understatement (erm...undersigh?). Even though I don't have a trailer anymore, I'm still drawn to this forum like a moth to..........nevermind. Glad it's back in cyberspace.

Thanks Chris, for all you do and have done for this unique, civilized community of folx who have such a narrowly focussed common interest.

Denny_A

B_and_D
07-20-2005, 10:48 PM
Thanks from us too Chris..we appreciate all your work.

I was having TMO forum withdrawals! I feel so much better now.

Back to reading the posts....

:)

calypso
07-20-2005, 11:55 PM
I was also in a panic! We've only had our TM a couple of months now and this board has been like a Bible to us. I would also like to thank Chris and some of the TMO "veterans" that are all so willing to provide their knowledge and advice...way to go!!!

bill s
07-21-2005, 07:56 AM
many,many thanks for your service...if there is any way i could be of service and/or help , please let me know...i'm sure many members feel the same way...again thanks, bill s

grill-n-go
07-21-2005, 12:17 PM
Thanks Chris, we appreciate and truly enjoy your good work.

Jim-NY
07-21-2005, 03:12 PM
Chris,

I would like to join the chorus of those expressing their appreciation to you. I am a new owner of a TM and find this website a fantastic resouorce. It’s the only website I visit nearly every day.

Jim
:new_newbi

John in CT
07-21-2005, 04:29 PM
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you Chris!
We just bought our first TM this past April and the other day when we tried to log on to the site we were shocked to see it was gone. This site is the most valuable camping site on the web. What makes it so great is that it is brand specific and every posting is of interest to us TM owners. I already have made two modifications to our TM based on the excellent, detailed info provided by our members (drawers, battery isolation). In addition, many questions have been answered which make camping with a TM even more pleasurable.

Keep up the good work. We sincerly appreciate your efforts.

John & Marie in CT.
:)

dlkcub
07-21-2005, 05:16 PM
Thanks Chris,

As a new owner of an old TM I've read almost every post on the site. I've found the all the information indispensable. From how things work to how to fix things that don't work. I'd be lost without it.

Dave

kdrickard
07-21-2005, 08:24 PM
Chris,

Thanks! I've felt the frustration of things going down no fault of your own.

Kevin

doug and antonea
07-31-2005, 10:20 PM
Thank you, Chris, for the great site. All the good information on camping and Trailmanor are not available anywhere else. But what impresses me most is all the wonderful people spending so much time helping other people with whatever problem they might have.