PDA

View Full Version : TrailManor covers

hal
08-18-2002, 06:31 AM
Gosh is it time to start thinking about winterizing already?  I have someone that is wishing to purchase a cover for his 2000 2619.  What can someone tell us about what to look for and where to buy.

Thanks
Hal

oilspot
08-18-2002, 01:24 PM
Well...

As part of my home business, I became a distributor for Coverking custom tailored car covers.

Now that I own a TM, I was thinkg about asking coverking if they can make a custome cover for the trailer.  I imagine it might be more than I want to spend, but I certainly post the results, so other owners have something to go by.   Who knows, maybe we could do a group purchase and get a quantity discount.

08-20-2002, 01:58 PM
There has been a lot of discussion about covers for TM's and disagreement, of course.
To summarize, if you merely lay a cover over the TM it will trap moisture between the cover and the TM because there is no air flow. This is no good.

I made sort of an A-frame out of 2 x 4's at each end with 3 inch PVC pipe forming the peak between the wood. I drape the cover over all of that which provides slope to allow the snow to slide off (sometimes it needs help if sticky) but still allow air flow.

It worked well for the one winter season we have had the TM but also for 13 years covering our boat with the same approach.

I will try to attach photos. If that does not work send me an email and I will send them directly to you.
email: [email protected].

Dick_B

oilspot
08-20-2002, 02:09 PM
There are many types of breathable fabrics available.
The big difference in price between the cheap covers (and tarps) and the good covers is due to the breathable fabrics.

Never ever cover a car, boat, or trailer with a non-breathable cover.  Condensation build-up under the cover can do lots of damage.

08-21-2002, 02:01 AM
Does anyone have a good breathable cover for their TrailManor?  What brand?   I looked at an Adco, but it seemed to be a little too small to fit the TrailManor.

Civil_War_Buff
09-09-2002, 02:30 AM
I have been watching this thread closely, and I was hoping that someone had found a cover source by now....???

Oilspot, any luck with Cover King? I have a cover king for my Blazer and I love that thing, a "matching" cover for the TM would complete the set so to speak.

Thanks,

Happy Campin' <><  

Wrench
09-09-2002, 02:54 AM
I just bought and erected a 10' X 20' "King Canopy" arch roof freestanding canopy over my 3023. It's long and wide enough to give about 1' of overhang all around the trailer. It was on sale for $179 at KMart. Nicely made. It's not rated for snow load though (we get snow). So time will tell if it survives our 3000 ft. Sierra Nevada winter. I ordered leg extensions from the company so I can raise the canopy high enough to open the TM under it.

I'd thought of getting a breathable cover for a 23' trailer and cutting off or hemming up the bottom, but decided to try the canopy instead.

tipper
09-09-2002, 09:50 AM
I hope you don't get wind either.  Let us know how this works out.

Civil_War_Buff
09-10-2002, 01:41 AM
I agree about the wind thing, I live in a area that gets some pretty good wind in the winter, so I hesitate to put a canopy over it.

I did a search on the web and found a company that would custom make a cover, here is the link http://www.coversearch.com/rv/lowboy.htm

I don't know what they would charge, and I have this concern that if I don't have the a/c cover integrated into the cover that it will just dump additional water onto the roof seal.  :-/

I like the idea of a cover for a full size 20 footer then cut it down though, that may be a great option!!  :o

Happy Campin' <><

Wrench
09-10-2002, 03:42 AM
Wind could be an issue for some. I think I'm OK as the canopy is protected by all our tall Cedar and Oak trees, and I have the canopy anchored real well. In the instructions, King Canopy warns that an untethered canopy is like a kite waiting to take off!

One reason I didn't try cutting up a breathable cover is my concern over handling it and cutting straight. Anyone whose put on of these covers on an RV knows they can be difficult to handle. Plus then you have to figure out how to hem or seal the cut edge!

2619PDX
09-16-2002, 12:06 PM
Hal:
Just bought a 2001 2619 this summer. love it!
We live in Oregon (lot's of rain). I called TM to ask about a cover.
They tell me to use a breathable fabric cover. NO TARP or non-breathable Polyester.
Adco Products makes an SFS Aqua Shed - w/PolyPro sides for a Hi-Lo - dimensions are 100"w X 60" H by 270"L.
It's supposedly available through Camping World, although noone I have talked with there seems to know anything about it yet...
Little large for my 2619, but I should be able to adapt.
Good luck! :)

Gregg in Portland

oilspot
09-16-2002, 11:05 PM
Well Coverking let me down, or at least the person I spoke to did...  Apparently Coverking has little or no interest in making "custom" covers unless they already have a pattern.  I tried to explain how simple it would be to make, and that I could potentially order several covers at a time.... all to no avail.

I guess if they have HiLo patterns, maybe we could adapt from them?  I'll check that route and see what I come up with.  They are mailing me the 18-page list of patterns they have available.

Civil_War_Buff
09-17-2002, 02:29 AM
Thanks oilspot,

I will keep watching.  I was looking at the covers for the tent trailers at Camping World too, but I think that the a/c would create a big problem, and the TM is wider than a tent trailer as well.  Maybe someone has tried it with some success???

Keep us posted on what what you find out with the patterns.

Happy Campin' <><

Rogregma
10-12-2005, 04:12 PM
I just purchased a 2027SL and asked the same question about a cover and was directed to Camping World. product 22071 is suppose to fit (a little long) the 2027SL. Here is a link to the SFS AquaShedŽ Covers at Camping World
http://www.campingworld.com/browse/products/index.cfm?prodID=2918
If it is anything like the cover I had for our Coleman PU there is enough fabric on the side to compensate for the A/C. I'll post what I find when it arrives.