PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Weekend Fishing Trip, Ridgeway CO

Cateye
05-31-2005, 09:08 AM
Our annual trip to Ridgeway State Park Colorado...special trip since I caught a 16 pound, 31 inch brown...just short of the lake record....special excitement since it was caught on an 8wt fly rod with 3X tippet...I believe this is one of the best state parks in Colorado....plenty of good fishing (last year caught 9 lb and 5 lb browns), boating, hiking, swimming (a wonderful beach area) and great scenery. It is also one of the best maintained parks I have ever stayed at. It has sites with electricity and a free dump station along with showers, laundry all of which are very clean. The link to this park is: http://parks.state.co.us/default.asp?action=conditions&parkID=88

P.S. The boat goes on top of the Grand Cherokee.....

Larry_Loo
05-31-2005, 09:56 AM
This is a huge and fine looking brownie, Cateye! Do you plan to have it mounted?

By the way, you should submit this photo for inclusion in Ridgeway's photo gallery. There are no photos like it in their gallery.

Cateye
05-31-2005, 11:23 AM
The 9 pounder we caught last year was so tasty we decided to share this one with friends...The visitors center has pictures of last years fish and this one at the front desk....they weigh them and take photos...Cateye