PDA

View Full Version : Finally Saw A Trailmanor After All These Years

brookside
05-16-2005, 05:56 AM
To our great amazement we met the nicest couple and they were on their first trip with their new 2720S model Trailmanor. We got a tour and got to see them fold it down. We have been camping for years and never had such an opportunity. We were impressed with the unit but learned to our dismay that the refrigerator cannot be ran while going down the road (it makes total sense since the top folds over the bottom part of the trailer) since it is a three-way. I have referred the couple to this website so maybe they'll be stopping by. Cathy

Texasgranny
05-16-2005, 08:04 AM
The TrailManor is designed so that the refrigerator CAN RUN when folded - using the 12V option. We have an older TM that had to have the refrigerator replaced and we elected to get one that only operates on 120V and propane. When we are traveling, we put "blue ice" in the refrigerator to keep it cool. Our life style is such that we use almost no ice and very little frozen food when traveiling, so we keep the "blue ice" in the freezer when we are camping - that way it is ready when we are preparing to move to another location. On very short trips, the refrigerator will stay cold with out any help.

1991 2619SL
2003 Chevy Silverado

Windbreaker
05-16-2005, 09:58 AM
Granny is right and so are you. You said it is a three way refer, it is. Most RV refers are only two way, 120v or gas. With the three way DC is added, as Granny pointed out, so that the refer can run while on the road. My wife finds it hard to find the DC setting so don't forget your reading glasses when you go to check it out.;)

BrigCA61
05-16-2005, 03:01 PM
Be sure and turn the fan on when you run your fridge while your TM is collapsed for towing. I forgot to turn it on once but no damage was done. Our tow was only for 1 1/2 hours.

B_and_D
05-16-2005, 09:26 PM
We always cool down our frig the day before we leave and run it on 12V while enroute. From what I've read here it seems that you mostly need to run the fan when it's really hot outside. So far we've never had to use our fan on the road, and have always arrived with a very cold refrigerator (and things in the freezer frozen solid).

I love our TM refrigerator...having moved up from an "ice box" it's so wonderful to have this. No space taken up by a huge, dripping ice block, and a real freezer!

We keep the things that need to be kept really cold (like sandwich meats, fresh meats, hot dogs, etc.) right below the freezer. Below that we put the things that don't need to be that cold, like margarine, cottage cheese, eggs, yogurt, etc. The vegetables and fruits go on the very bottom shelf. And we pack it full. We've never had anything freeze that wasn't supposed, to, and have never had any spoilage, either. We always had to throw things away when we just had the ice box.

It works great for us; if we had a bigger refrigerator we would probably pack it with more stuff, but we really don't need it, and we have a family of 4, with 2 teenagers. We pack all the condiments we need into smaller bottles/jars and always have just what we need to cook our meals the way we are used to cooking. I also shop for small containers of condiments at the dollar stores, Big Lots, Grocery Outlet, etc. so that we have ingredients on hand unopened in case we need them (salad dressing, cooking sauces, etc.). Whatever we haven't used after a year DH donates to the local food harvest drive in November.

Love that TM frig!

BrigCA61
05-17-2005, 12:33 AM
Our dealer advised us to run the fridge fan when the TM is closed and the fridge is on to prevent the fridge from becoming too hot. Also, suggested to use the fan when the weather is warm outside (90+). There have also been many recommendations made in many posts here to that affect.