wasting my time in writing you. Maybe so. And if as
she predicts, I do not get back a reply from you we
can always spend half the money and live with a tent
trailer.
Heart broken in Ca.

=====

hal
06-27-2002, 08:28 AM
Why not contact TrailManor directly.  That way you will know that you reached them.  They have always been very personable and attentive whenever I have talked to them.  Based on letters in this site, other people have found them to be very agreeable.

I have known many people that have ordered a TM constructed to their desired specifications.  Why not ask them to figure a cost for you that eliminates the things that you don't need.  You do have to understand that the main reasons for going with TrailManor include the fold down feature and the fact it is light weight. These and  other features are what makes TrailManor so unique.  Most likely these features determine the basic price.

Contact them and tell them what you want and I'll bet they will come up with an offer.  Please let us all know their response.
Hal

06-27-2002, 12:04 PM
They would not return my call when I told the operator what I wanted.  

Gene
06-27-2002, 05:04 PM
i suggest that you contact Custom RV in Anaheim, CA. www.customrvsales.com. Thay are a TrailManor dealer. Ask to speak to Bob Eichoff. He has clout with TrailManor. You would have to order a custom model from a dealer, anyhow. Bob has custom designed some new TrailManors for customers. I think it was his idea for the swing away hitch design. It's worth a try. BTW, Trailmanor once produced a generic 18 foot model for a few years.

06-28-2002, 02:03 AM
We did have a chance to visit Custom RV and spoke to Matt there. Other than that they said all models would be available to look at, they only had three because of a RV show in Santa Barbara,  Matt was very helpfull. We had spoke to Bob on the phone earlier that week but he was at the show so we missed him.  We will try to contact Bob again the next time he is in town.
Thanks for the help.

2swans
06-28-2002, 03:36 AM
jserere,
(i hope i spelled that right)--there are great deals in TMs to be found if you are dtermined and you dig. i found about 5 on the internet that i would have traveled to get. luckily i found one in our own backyard(town) --a gorgeous, near mint 98 for 7000.00. maybe it takes a bargain hunter instinct, like mine, i don't know. but i know they can be had, and for me it was a fun challenge to search.
i'd be glad to offer tips or help if you decide to search for another bargain. since you live in CA(you're right, i found no bargains there), you might need to be willing to travel to , say, the dallas area,(and only after you had determined there to be a few great prospects in the area)) and look at several along the way. of course, being able to sort of "read" people(sellers) is important, and deal with only top notch types on your trip. after all, it would be pointless to travel so far and not have a few good TMs being sold by fine folks or dealers)
i hope this encourages you.
let us hear :)!
2swans

06-28-2002, 01:51 PM
I agree you can find a deal on a nice used TM with persistance, luck and a good search engine. I looked for a couple of months and finally one Saturday morning decided to try a google search by model numbers rather than Trail Manor. A single hit on our 3326 popped up 2,000 miles away in Iowa. The price seemed fair at $12,900 if the 3 yr old was in good shape(less than half of a new one out here in Seattle) so I called the dealer requested digital pics, liked what I saw, made an offer and bought it for $12K. It was bigger than what we had  been looking for and so I had to find a better tow vehicle than our Pontiac Minivan. After looking locally for a week or two, I decided to try the Davenport IA ads at my price range(cheap) Found a like new  1991 Astro with 29K original miles for under $5 K. Bought a $200 one way ticket and sent my son-in-law off to do the 3 day drive back. Yes, it was time consuming and yes I probably should have held out for one that my van could tow, but I needed to replace one of the cars anyway so I don't count the Astro in my Trailer cost. Point being, use the internet, lots of folks travel a 1000 or miles to get their used TM's. With only two dealers within 600 miles of our home, looking locally was tough unless you bought new and the prices were at full list and people were preordering and waiting for new deliveries to come in.  Good luck on your search and keep at it.

Colin

06-29-2002, 08:51 AM
I have to agree with everyone else.  I searched the internet for 2 months back in 1998 before I spotted mine down in Cincinatti.  The dealer doesn't sell Trailmanors, but took it in on trade.  I called the dealer to inquire about it's condition.  After explaining to him, that I live in the Detroit area, and I'd be driving down with my wife and 3 month old daughter, I would be one VERY UNHAPPY CAMPER if he was full of it.  He said that everything worked in the camper, it needed a good cleaning.  I had $700 work of WD hitch,trans cooler, and electrical installed on my minivan and made the drive.  Sure enough, it was exactly as he said: Dirty but completely functional.  The inside table was cracked, but they agreed to purchase a new one for us.  I made an offer of $6000 for my 91 model and they accepted.  They're out there, and many times when a dealer takes them in on trade that doesn't sell Trailmanor, they'll take any reasonable offer to get it off the lot.  Keep Searching and be ready to drive to pick it up!  It's worth it!

Gary

Happytrails
06-30-2002, 07:58 AM
You guys would laugh if ya heard how I got mine. We were looking for a pop up of some sort. I was running a part to a junkyard when I happened to see something that looked like a pop up about 100 yards out on the lot, asked if it was for sale......I said, "how much?" He said, "Make an offer"......I said, "I really couln't tell ya, I haven't even looked at it yet." He said, "Ok, I'll just sell it to you for what I got in it.....$400.00".  :D Went out to look at it, wrote down the word "Trailmanor", went home, and searched the net I found their web site immediately, then after using a search engine, I found this place. Read about all the messages in one evening, next day, threw $400.00 in the guy's hand and ran!  LOL After the RV shop, and all the materials I've put into it, I've still got less than $1,000.00 in it! The best part was only 20 mins from my house across town!   ;D

Happytrails......

07-04-2002, 03:16 AM
When we decided our next camper was going to be a TM and we wanted a 2720, I searched the TM for sale site every morning and night religiously for 2 weeks when we came up with our TM.  We drove 8 hours one way with a certified check in my pocketbook if we liked what we saw.  10 minutes of looking and we were sold.

If you live in an area where TM's are not readily for sale, you will have to be willing to make the comittment to drive to get a unit.  Asking the seller to drive the unit to you is not reasonable, in my opinion, unless they offer.   You have to have a vehicle to pull the unit or be willing to purchase one.  My dear brother in law offered his truck as ours did not have electric brake hookup.  

I had prepared my loan officer with details and had gotten "approval" for a loan in the beginnings of my search for the TM.  When a unit comes up for sale at a good price, they go quickly.  Ours hit the internet at 7:15 on Wednesday morning and we bought it on Saturday.   If we had not taken the TM, there was a waiting list, literally, with people as far away as Texas willing to come in to purchase the TM.

It really comes down to how bad to you want a TM and to what lengths and expense are you willing to go to get the TM.  Don't blame the factory for making an expensive product.  This is a high end item and isn't meant for every camper's pocketbook.  Good luck in your search for a TM.    

2swans
07-05-2002, 01:25 AM
dipsmom,
your search EXACTLY parallels our own. and i agree-don't blame TM because they choose to make a product like they want to.
getting loan approval first makes a big difference in being ready to take the great deals first.

Larry_Loo
07-05-2002, 03:31 PM
I agree with Dipsmom and 2swans. Sometimes one has to drive a distance to purchase a good used TM.

We searched RV Trader's website and other RV sites for over a month before finally locating what appeared to be a very good buy. However, the 1999 3124KS was located over 850 miles away from our hometown. The RV dealer selling it was not a TM dealer. This TM they'd taken in trade was the first TM they had ever seen. Their salesman was very helpful in answering all of my questions. Judging from its pictures and his responses the 3124KS appeared to be in very good condition. After several phone calls I made a judgment call and decided that the salesman was honest and reliable. We made them an offer and eventually put a deposit on it. Since we hadn't had a good vacation in several years, we drove all the way to Seattle, WA, and were pleased as punch to find the trailer just as they had described it. It came with just about every optional feature, and, we got it for $3,000 less than its blue book value. We were able to visit friends along the way and did some crabbing and a lot of sightseeing. My wife enjoys it a lot but keeps reminding me that we could have gotten a smaller one since there's only the 2 of us.

Later, I discovered that the driver's side wheel well had been repaired. Perhaps the previous owners became disgusted with it after a tire blowout damaged their trailer. Now, however, it has 2 very attractive, rounded wheel wells - please permit me to boast a little ; c) - and this devastating type of damage should not happen to it again.

TM trailers do require more maintenance, I feel, but they're worthwhile because there's no other hard-sided trailer that has the wonderful towing qualities they possess. You may have to drive a considerable distance to purchase a good one since they're not as commonplace as Fleetwoods. I wish you good luck in finding one.  :D :D

07-29-2002, 06:16 PM
We also located ours on the internet.  I think that you can sometimes get the best deals by buying from a dealer that does not handle Trailmanors.  They don't know how to market them.  We bought ours for less than book 2 years ago, and the dealer was willing to deliver for free from 4 states away.  When the guy showed up at our door with the trailer,  he commented on how well it towed, and said it probably would have sold for more if the dealer had actually towed it once!

Although this worked out for us, I wouldn't buy anything sight unseen again.  

Happytrails
07-30-2002, 04:09 PM
Right on New! (Sorry, I don't have much compassion for a guy in checkered pants on a car/RV lot trying to get me). I nabbed mine up from a junkyard that didn't know what he had because he didn't do his homework on it for $400.00! He had it for MONTHS...took me two days to grab that puppy up......Yes, needed a lot of work, but not too bad............So far, I'm running about 5 hours of "elbow grease" time not knowing ANYTHING about their construction when I set out with probably 2 more to go....and 3 hours of cleanup. Ten hours of my own time, and all said and told, I've got less than $1,000.00 in it....not a bad price to pay for a 3023! Especially when ya know wood rot is no longer of any concern! Anyway.....steppin off my soapbox now....lol

Happytrails............

2619PDX
09-16-2002, 12:20 PM
Jsesere:
Earlier this summer, we bought a "used" TrailManor 2619 from a lady in Bisbee, AZ that I found through the RV Trader online.
If you have done your research, you CAN and WILL find some deals. (They are out there, but they don't last long!)
This unit is LIKE NEW. The woman we bought from, only used it twice.
We live in Portland, Oregon and went clear down to Bisbee to pick it up. (Saw my family in Tucson on the way.)
What a great vacation and shake down trip!
Deals exist! TrailManor has a West Coast Rep that I've spoken with. If you call them, they will give him the message.
Good Luck!
Gregg in Portland

Paul_Heuvelhorst
10-06-2002, 05:07 PM
Jsesere,
I'm responding to your "letter" differently than the others have.

When you find a quality product, WHY would you want the manufacturer to lower its standards because you have decided you can't afford to buy one?  Would you go to a Cadillac dealer and ask them to strip off all the fine appointments that make the car a Caddie?  

If you think you can only afford a Chevy, then you should look at Chevys!  Please consider what you are asking the TM factory to do.

I believe the others have offered you viable suggestions.  I sold our 2619 via the internet to a family in a town 30 miles from our home.  They got a good deal, and we were happy.  Plus, we got 3 years of enjoyment out of our new 2619.

Best wishes in your search for the right RV.