PDA

View Full Version : Recommended Campgrounds In New York

spyro5756
03-22-2005, 06:31 PM
I Am A New Tm Owner
Anyone Recommend A Good Campground For Beginner Camper Like Me In New York State , Suffolk County,or Hudson Valley(greene County)

hhoenig
03-26-2005, 08:39 AM
check out Wildwood in Wading River. It was our first trip with the TM. Nice place. Find them at ReserveAmerica.com. Good luck

jimair1548
04-19-2005, 04:34 PM
I Am A New Tm Owner
Anyone Recommend A Good Campground For Beginner Camper Like Me In New York State , Suffolk County,or Hudson Valley(greene County)

We do not live in New York(we are in Georgia) but have camped several times at the state park in Watkins Glen(right in town). It was quiet, clean, and had water/ power hook-ups. It was very handy to town, and if you are into bicycle riding, there are some great rides around the Finger Lakes, vineyards, and some really pretty farms.
Another nice area is Glens Falls. there is A state park there(we favor state parks, as a rule) that is nice, and again, there is some very nice riding on the canal towpaths, in and around Glens Falls, and a really nice ride to Lake George, with a brewrey and homemade ice cream available right on the bike path. Hope this helps a little....Jim