PDA

View Full Version : 3124ks

TomEve
10-26-2002, 06:44 PM
We went and looked at a used 2002 3124ks. The interior had what looked like black rub marks on the interior. The velco on the interior padding around the slide out was in bad condition. There were other things that could be repaired easily. My question is black rub marks normal from  raising and lowering TMs?

Tande

Happytrails
10-27-2002, 01:52 AM
Black rub marks? I don't have any in my old TM. Could you tell what was causing them? Also, where were they at?

TomEve
10-27-2002, 03:09 AM
Happy Trails

Thanks for your reply.

The marks were what appeared to be a 1 1/2" to 2" strip similar to what black electrical tape looks like when removed, from the padding on both sides and ceiling of trailer, approximately where the chair is located on the right side of the trailer.

Tande

Happytrails
10-27-2002, 05:04 AM
Dunno, might be that if the velcro is not working, maybe the previous owner used electrical tape to hold the pads in place. Perhaps it got on the ceiling when it was closed up???

KdHammonds
10-27-2002, 10:04 AM
Our 98 3023 has a few of these black rub marks as well.  We have one on the curb side over the rear bunk and over the sofa.  They can be cleaned off, but they seem to come back pretty quickly.  I have been unable to find the cause.  The rubbing does not seem to be severe where it will cause damage, just makes a mess.

Keith

WNYChange
10-27-2002, 11:11 AM
I've noticed black rub marks on the exterior of our TM (about the same location you describe) which are caused by some black tape which holds together some wires, one of which is the TV antenna cable. I don't recall the other wires at the moment. Could be the source of the marks in your case.

Moonshot
10-28-2002, 12:56 AM
My 1999 3023 has black rub marks in the front shell at the point where the front shell makes contact with the padding of the rear shell. I found this padding to be very dirty and cleaned it. I also washed my roof and will work to religiously keep these areas clean and hopefully that will keep my black marks from coming back. The previous owner of my unit lived in the Northeast and camped in snow so maybe some salt and slag caused this. I have some exterior rust that I believe was caused by salt and slag.

tipper
10-28-2002, 08:33 AM
The bottom line here, TomEve, is that the marks left by the shell seals are normal.  

10-29-2002, 01:36 AM
yep, I get them too.

Dave

arknoah
10-29-2002, 03:18 AM
Mine are also on the exterior on parts of the rear shell that are covered by the front shell when traveling. though the only marks on the interior come on the walls of the front shell near where it meets with the rear shell.  I see this as just one of those "stay on top of it" cleaning issues.  If the rubbing is causing damage to the aluminum, I would be more concerned.

PAUL_R
10-29-2002, 04:27 AM
on our 2001 2720 model have the same exterior black marks from electrical tape.