PDA

View Full Version : Finally! Our own 3023.

KdHammonds
10-15-2002, 11:47 AM
Whew!

I just got home tonight from picking up our 98 TM 3023.  I bought it in Jupiter Fla from the Carters.  Thanks, you were great to deal with and made the trip well worth it.  My father and I drove from Chillicothe, OH and back in 4 days.  It was over 2,000 miles round trip.  I parked the 3023 in the drive tonight and the familys inspection was all positive.  Everyone loves it.  My father and I went to pick it up and camped in it for two nights.  We stayed at Fort Clinch in Florida the first night and were thankful for the air conditioning, it worked great.  We spent the second night in Lake City, TN.  No coincidence.  We stopped by the factory to pick up some repair parts.  We were thankful for the insulation and heat in TN since the temperature dropped into the low 50's.  

We stopped at the factory and picked up a replacement levelling jack, which was a victim of a steep gas station drive on our trip.  We also picked up light to replace the torch lamps in the front bed, as well as a water facet handle and some end caps.  WE took the tour while we visitted and I was impressed.  The folks were all friendly and it was very interesting to see the trailers at various stages of completion.  

Our Safari Van did a great job towing the 3023.  We were able to tow at 65 MPH occassionly passing at 70MPH.  It even towed through the mountains along I-40 and I-75 well.  There were only a few hills that slowed us down to 50MPH.  

Now it is time to take advantage of all the good advice on this site.  I want to thank everyone for sharing their experiences on this site.  Our decision to buy a TM was solidified by all the info on this board.

Thanks Again,

The Hammonds family.

arknoah
10-16-2002, 09:36 AM
Welcome to our RVing family!

Happytrails
10-16-2002, 10:07 AM
Congrats KD! Glad to hear you didn't have any problems towing......I didn't think so as my blazer has the same engine in it as yours, and mine never flinched while towing it. I got just as much gas mileage as I would have had I just been driving around town. (Maybe even a little better).  ;D

Happytrails.........

10-16-2002, 11:44 AM
Welcome aboard.  How did you like Fort Clinch?  We are looking for a place to camp this weekend and Fort Clinch is only about 1.5 hrs from my house.  We have always liked the Fernandina Beach area.

Dave

KdHammonds
10-16-2002, 12:22 PM
I can't give an honest opinion of Fort Clinch.  We pulled in late at night, around 8PM.  It was already dark, and we left early the next morning.  I can say the campground is pretty far back in the woods.  There are 20 sites out in the open close to the beach, and over 50 back in the woods.  There is also a Fort in the park that I was unable to look at, but it sounded very interesting.  Sorry, I couldn't provide any more information.  We were driving hard and didn't have a chance to enjoy the campgrounds.

Thanks for the Welcome.

Keith

11-03-2002, 10:00 AM
We just returned from our first trip in our "new" '98 3023 - had a great time.  We have a few glitches - needed new tires, the toilet doesn't seem to be flushing and the bed supports need some replacement parts, but all in all we really like it and are glad we found a used one.

Best wishes and keep reading these boards -- they are very helpful!

~Teresa