PDA

View Full Version : Decorated for Christmas

2manypets
12-01-2004, 12:53 PM
We went camping over Thanksgiving this year, Wed. through Sun., and we thought it would be fun to decorate the TrailManor for Christmas. We were at Bull Shoals State Park in north Arkansas.

My husband came up with a neat way to string lighted garland around the top of the trailer. He used pieces of heavy white string to make loops to hold the garland, and then he taped the loops to the top of the trailer (out of sight). The dear man did this on a cold windy afternoon, but it looked great! Bob had to keep backing up the truck by the side of the trailer so he could stand on the tailgate to hang the garland.

We also put up a small tree with hand-made ornaments on top of the microwave and had a Christmas-y throw on one of the couches. I thought you might enjoy seeing a couple of the pictures.

BTW, the lights stayed up through some pretty strong winds but they were a little noisy at times. They also came down easily without leaving any residue.

Loretta

BOB_STRONG
12-01-2004, 07:27 PM
Bob & Loretta,

We did the same thing but for Haloween back on the second weekend in October. A campground near us has a great Haloween weekend. Everyone decorates up their units. I had orange twinkle lights all around the top, bottom, and ends, I used the clear wide packing tape, and they came down quite easily. No residue left behind from the tape. Also, we had several other decorations outside under the awning.