PDA

View Full Version : Picture Test Post

Chris
08-07-2004, 11:17 AM
Testing the new picture capabilities of the board.
Ct..
Upgrading the board led me to drink. :D

Denny_A
08-07-2004, 10:56 PM
Have to agree - the thumbnails are great. Even better, the pictures are automatically sized to fit the screen. The autozoom (+- left click) feature, whilst viewing, is especially nice.

Denny_A

Bill
08-08-2004, 08:56 AM
Chris -

The thumbnails will be one of the nicest parts of the new board. They are great, and I'm sure are even better for folks on dial-up - no need to wait for unwanted pictrures to load, as on the old board.
----------------------
Denny -

Tell me again how autozoom works? I'm feeling dense today - the pix open up bigger than the screen for me, and I can't find any way to resize them.

Bill

Denny_A
08-08-2004, 12:46 PM
Denny -

Tell me again how autozoom works? I'm feeling dense today - the pix open up bigger than the screen for me, and I can't find any way to resize them.

Bill

Bill,

I don't know how it works, but here's what I see when I open the pic. My mouse pointer automatically turns into a + symbol within a circle. The pic is sized to the viewing area. Upon left click the image changes to the actual downloaded size. Scroll bars for the vert/horiz axes appear. This assumes, of course, that image is larger than that which is automatically displayed. When the image is full size a minus sign within the circle appears. Left click and the back to screen size again.

I am using Netscape 7.1 just in case it's a browser issue.

Denny_A

Bill
08-08-2004, 04:11 PM
Aha! I am using Mozilla 1.4.1, which is the core of Netscape 7.1, so it should be the same. And it is!! I merely had to change a Preference setting which, for some reason, I couldn't find earlier.

Edit > Preferences > Appearance > Resize large images ... CHECK THIS BOX!

Thanks, Denny

Bill

Denny_A
08-08-2004, 07:07 PM
Aha! I am using Mozilla 1.4.1, which is the core of Netscape 7.1, so it should be the same. And it is!! I merely had to change a Preference setting which, for some reason, I couldn't find earlier.

Edit > Preferences > Appearance > Resize large images ... CHECK THIS BOX!

Thanks, Denny

Bill

Di nada! Really. My downloaded/installed 7.1 must have had "resize" as a default. Otherwise I would not ever have known.

Denny