PDA

View Full Version : Maiden Camping Trip In My 2013 TM 2720SL

Steppy
05-08-2018, 06:18 PM
I travelled 180 miles from my home to Paw Paw, WV Friday, May 4-6 to join up with some fellow bluegrass pickers for a weekend of pickin' ana grinnin'. The TM towed behind my 2011 Honda Ridgeline amazingly well and the new Dexter Nev-R-Adjust (I did adjust them to take the slack out) brakes worked great. The setting was beautiful. Our host has put in 27 electric hookups, but we had to use our internal water tanks. The camp sites are right beside Crooked Run Creek and when I backed into my site and set up, my bed was a mere 20 feet from the water and I could hear the gentle gurgling of the creek. However, after raining all day Saturday and Sunday, the gurgling turned into a white water torrent! But as the owner has a large shed next to the campsites where we share potluck meals on Saturday Noon, we played our music in there and had a great time regardless of the rain. I had just re-installed the front left ceiling vent on my TM and nary a drop of water came in there or anywhere else! These gatherings take place every other weekend, so I plan to go there a lot more times. My TrailManor was a big hit! That's me pickin' the Banjar in front of my TM :D

Bailey'sMom
05-08-2018, 08:28 PM
Looks like a great time,

fairweatherfisherman
05-09-2018, 08:01 AM
Very nice.

tentcamper
05-09-2018, 09:23 AM
looks like a good time.

We have stopped in paw paw a few times. The old C&O Canal, which now is part of the 200+ mile C&O Canal national park. A mile or two from Paw Paw there is a nice long brick lined tunnel that the canal goes through, which has a walkway (old mule path). You can park at the small packing campground and hike about 3/4 mile to the tunnel.

Craigrrr
05-09-2018, 12:32 PM
Pretty sweet spot there, You will be whitewater rafting soon.

Sopper
05-10-2018, 07:54 AM
Love seeing pictures of TMs in the wild! They really are fantastic campers!