PDA

View Full Version : Wanted lid for recirculating toilet

tentcamper
07-24-2017, 01:04 PM
I have a crack in the lid of the recirculating toilet. Anyone that replaced their toilet that would be willing to get rid of their lid and the two retaining c clips? Please fell free to contact.

Thank you

Text or call Art 614 256-1070 or email [email protected]

TrailManorMan
07-25-2017, 01:14 PM
Sold mine , got 75 bucks for the entire unit, took forever to sell!

Shane826
07-25-2017, 01:40 PM
If I ever get to install my Sealand toilet (been sitting in the garage since spring) I'm gonna sell or part out my Thetford. I'll let you know when that time comes.

tentcamper
07-25-2017, 02:25 PM
thanks skip and shane

frogfan40
08-27-2017, 06:07 PM
We just swapped out our toilet. I already told someone else the could get one of the pins that holds the lid on, but still have the lid if you are interested. Just let me know. Would be glad to send it to you for just the shipping cost.

Bailey'sMom
08-27-2017, 06:22 PM
We just swapped out our toilet. I already told someone else the could get one of the pins that holds the lid on, but still have the lid if you are interested. Just let me know. Would be glad to send it to you for just the shipping cost.

I need this part of the toilet. I sent you a PM with address.

Thanks in advance.

tentcamper
08-28-2017, 07:26 PM
Thanks for the reply, yes I need the top lid. I sent a PM with my phone number.

Art

jap1935
09-06-2018, 08:33 PM
I have a large crack in the seat cover above the toilet seat on our Thetford toilet. We just purchased a 2007 TM 2720SL and the toilet seat cover had a large crack in the upper cover. Have been unable to order just the cover. Anyone that has a seat cover please text or call Jim on (734) 377-5644 in Livonia, Mi Thank You

TMfor4ofus
10-03-2020, 10:45 PM
I have a large crack in the seat cover above the toilet seat on our Thetford toilet. We just purchased a 2007 TM 2720SL and the toilet seat cover had a large crack in the upper cover. Have been unable to order just the cover. Anyone that has a seat cover please text or call Jim on (734) 377-5644 in Livonia, Mi Thank You

Old Thread but we have the same problem. If anyone has the top cover and or one hinge I'd be happy to pay some cash for it.

wbmiller3
11-14-2020, 07:39 AM
tentcamper, did you swap out the lid? I'm getting ready to do that and wondered how difficult it was. The instructions in the Thetford manual say to take the motor cover "bump" off the back, then remove the "cover and bowl assembly" by taking out four screws.

Does that "cover and bowl assembly" come off cleanly without a bunch of connected tubes, etc?

Basically I am wondering how hard it is to put back after swapping out the lid.

Bill
11-14-2020, 11:13 AM
I'm not Tentcamper, but having just done that, I can say that it is easy. When you take out the four screws (two in the bump in back, facing up, and two toward the front, facing down) the entire lid and bowl assembly lifts straight up and off. The "lid and bowl assembly" includes the pump, the intake tube that is part of the pump assembly, the empty-full float assembly, and the vinyl skirt at the front of the bowl. The one thing that it does not include is the big filter screen that sits on the bottom of the tank. Be sure to take note of the position and orientation of the screen, since you have to put it back in the right position.

Bill

Kwantau
11-15-2020, 07:06 AM
I replaced may Cap as Thedford calls it last summer. It comes with the bowl and skirt as part of the assembly. It is the second time that I have done this on my TM. The Cap is not reinforced very well. Lousy engineering. Have added extra bumpers to the bottom of the toilet lid to distribute the weight over a larger area hoping to minimise the cracking problem. It is not a hard job to do. You have to remove the 4 long screws to remove the cap, but first the rear cap over the motor of the pump has to be removed and the pump disconnected. Two of the long screws are under that cap and two are at the front of the toilet tank facing upwards. When you remove the Cap be careful of the seal that goes around the perimeter of the tank under the Cap. It has a distinctive cross section and has to go back the way it was installed. Put is back the wrong way and you might get seepage. around the Cap. Once off, you have to transfer the pump assembly to the new Cap and hookup the small length of see-through tubing. Put everything back together and voila your done. Not a hard job to do. Just be careful of the mesh in the tank that you put it back the same way if you took it out to clean the tank. By the way you also have to pry out the Level gauge and transfer it. I ordered a new Cap through my local RV dealer. I also ended up changing my slide valve as it was leaking so ended up taking the whole toilet out which is another story. Good luck with your repair. Hope this helps.

wbmiller3
11-15-2020, 09:52 AM
Thanks to both of y'all for sharing your experience. I'll be replacing the seat and lid, and it sounds like that should be fairly easy.

nursepr51
06-12-2021, 09:38 PM
I realize that your post is over a year old, but I'm in the process of replacing the Thetford Electra Magic toilet in my TM 2720-SL. If you are still in need of the cover, I am willing to send mine to you in about a week.
Peter Nurse
570-362-1066
[email protected]