PDA

View Full Version : Said goodbye to my TM

shebantam
06-08-2016, 08:44 PM
Raymond just could not handle the bunk end with his limited mobility, so we bought a TT for Florida. Finding reasonable insurance on a trailer we were leaving down there was harder. :D
I cleaned the old gal up and put her on the market right before Easter, on craigslist.
Reduced the price, still no takers, ad expired, then got reposted.
In the last 2 weeks it was crazy, people were calling, or emailing, we thought we had a buyer who wanted her site unseen, in Melbourne FL, we were going to Deliver since we have the Sunnybrook 2 hours away. But his wife did not want to go camping, she recently had a stroke and he did not want to go by himself.
People would tell me they would be there not show up, one man called 3 times, but never showed, one ladys car broke down on her way up from Southern Delaware, another lady was coming over Monday.
Got a call from a man who was driving around looking for a camper, when his friend pulled up the craigslist ad for the TM. They thought it was a fivver, until they saw the picture of it folded down.
They made their way upstate, evidently there are 2 roads with the name of my street, probably different zip codes, but they went to the wrong house. in a different subdivision. I missed their call, called them back and stayed on the phone with them until they were really really close.
Bottom line is they saw, they likes, he bought. We settled at DMV on Monday morning, for my full reduced asking price.
I told him about this forum, so be gentile ;) . this is his first camper.