PDA

View Full Version : 6,000 Miles with only one minor issue!

Joesplace
10-21-2015, 10:01 PM
Well we had a wonderful 6,000 mile trip! Left Louisiana and headed west without seeing an interstate till the California border. Drove Route 66 as far as possible. In some places it was like driving through a mine field, huge holes. If you ever go this way, take it slow.

We spent a lot of time in northern CA - love that area then we headed east and south. We were gone almost 4 months and had the time of our life.

One minor mishap when the trailer plug came loose from the truck and bounced around on the pavement till there was just wires left. HA, we both laughed so hard then found an RV lot 20 minutes away and had it fixed.

We both love our Trailmanor and are planning another trip soon - we miss the open road.

wilson
10-22-2015, 04:27 AM
I was wondering what happened to you! 😀

Glad to hear you had an enjoyable trip.

Joesplace
10-22-2015, 07:32 AM
We had a great time and just didn't need to get back. This could be addicting!

Time to do a few maintenance items and make improvements to suit our needs then we're off again in a few months. Thinking about solar panels and a small generator for boondocking. Other than that everything worked fine and nothing broke.

Sure could use a larger truck but we do have a budget. . .

TrailManorMan
10-22-2015, 10:53 AM
Glad your trip went well, as far as your plug coming out unfortunately long time ago been there done that ha ha

Logman
10-24-2015, 07:10 AM
Traveled about 7000 miles this spring in the TM. Started in Md. Visits to Mt. Rushmore,Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, Lake Tahoe, Yosemite, Nashville snd back to Md. TM performed perfectly, no issues. Preparing now for second extended winter trip to Florida.The shells needed leveling to help the door shut properly and the propane regulator needed replaced. I found oil in the regulator as a result of an improper refill (attendant did not bleed tank as it was filled).

ELM-JLM
10-24-2015, 02:42 PM
One minor mishap when the trailer plug came loose from the truck and bounced around on the pavement till there was just wires left. HA, we both laughed so hard then found an RV lot 20 minutes away and had it fixed.

We both love our Trailmanor and are planning another trip soon - we miss the open road.

Our plug did the same thing while crossing the Yukon Territory a few years ago! It didn't drop to the ground but caused several fuses to blow! Since the repair, I have used a Velcro strap to wrap the connection and it can't jiggle or come loose!:new_Eyecr

ELM-JLM
10-24-2015, 02:53 PM
The shells needed leveling to help the door shut properly

I have found that when the door is hard to open or close, after set up, my solution has been to crank the right rear jack up 2 turns at a time till it works smoothly! Then check the left rear jack to be sure its seated on the ground! It has always worked for me! Try it, You'll like it!:new_Eyecr