PDA

View Full Version : Chisos Basin Campground, Big Bend National Park

wbmiller3
09-26-2015, 04:01 PM
Rainiest desert I've ever been to!

scrubjaysnest
10-02-2015, 10:10 AM
Drove through there last Feb....not the CG it was in the 70's:mad:. We like Cottonwood much better now:)

rvcycleguy
10-02-2015, 02:06 PM
Prefer the resort camping in Lajitas. Been there twice in the last 3 years. A week each time still didn't allow enough time to do all there is to take in while in the region. Incredible destination that continues to amaze me every time. Should be on everyone's bucket list...we hiked the Window Trail, canoed the Rio Grande, explored Santa Elena Canyon, rode the motorcycle on FM 170 or River Road, and partied at the Starlight Terrace Theatre, New Year's Eve in Terlingua are just a few of the memories we have.

wbmiller3
10-03-2015, 04:56 AM
Interesting posts, given a choice* I wouldn't have even considered staying anywhere else in the area, since the Basin is so much cooler and more scenic. Although if you have electricity, perhaps the temperature doesn't matter so much....

* had to stay in Lajitas one trip due to the Basin being full

Cottonwood campground was closed due to its being low visitation season when we were there. It looked OK, especially for birding, but was considerably hotter than the Basin.

Totally agree though, Big Bend should be on everyone's list.