PDA

View Full Version : Fair trade price for a 2007 2720SL

RogerR
09-06-2015, 02:04 PM
Due to knee and other health problems opening and closing is getting harder to do. I also have a problem climbing into and out of the bed even with my ladder.

I went to a Jayco dealer for conventional I can pull and the trade in seemed very low at $6,000.00 I am located in central Illinois near Peoria, IL so there are few dealers in under 150 miles that I could buy from and get service.

Would anyone be willing to share what they were offered for trade please. I did do a NADA which indicate low retail is $7.700.

The dealer doesn't seem to care that I have brand new 15 inch tires and the lift kit, swing hitch or even that I have tested all systems.

I have to make my decision soon to either trade, keep or sell my TM.

Thanks!

Redtail Cruiser
09-06-2015, 02:53 PM
Roger, a dealership will never give you a fair trade-in value. If I were you, I would be patient and sell your TM yourself. If it's in good condition, you should be able to get $8,000 to $9,000 or more. If I was going to sell mine right now, I would be asking around $10,000. Just my opinion.

Best of luck,

Kidkraz
09-06-2015, 05:00 PM
I echo Redtail Cruisers comments. A dealer wants to buy cheap and sell high if possible. As you know there are lots of folks looking for TM's and if you have time I would sell on your own.

RogerR
09-06-2015, 05:25 PM
I am trending towards that idea. We are heading to Denver as soon as the car is fixed. I will probably put it up for sale after we get back. Maybe before we leave in case there is someone in Denver or Colorado Springs areas that might be interested.

Still hope to hear about any deals for trades. Looked at the For Sale area of the forum but those are all retail.

Padgett
09-07-2015, 12:07 AM
Dealer is just going to flip cheap unless a tm dealer and they are just looking for a quick sake $6k-$7k is the best trade unless he is hiding profit elsewhere. $8k-$9k private party is likely from someone who wants it. Be aware that the 2720sl is probably the most common TM and a purchaser needs to be knowledgable to appreciate an 07..