PDA

View Full Version : The coke box

John cooke
05-06-2015, 11:03 AM
Message 2
The first trip went very well. Confession ! After completing all the work I decided
To move the 30/23 to a new location in the yard. I got it all hooked up and pulled it , I thought it pulled hard so got out of the car and discovered long trenches in my yard , you got it the stabilizers were still down. Duh !. It bent 3 of the 4 which required removing them for repair.
We are still learning how to live in the 3023 but everything worked and it towed nicely on the road at 65 mph. Dumping was a little smelly. The dump valve is close to the ground which makes it hard to fill a top fill container. It required playing with the hose.
Looking forward to the next trap. The first one was a five day stay at hunting beach state park SC. Murrells inlet. Very nice park but no full hookups. Water and electric only + dump station. Very close to myrtle beach.
Note we used many small different size dollar general cheep containers for storage in the 3023 cabinets.

Padgett
05-06-2015, 02:28 PM
A battery drill/driver and a 3/8 lag bolt is very handy for running jacks up and down. I leave a lag bolt in the hitch to remind me jacks are extended.

Firt TM I looked at was an older 3023. Great for a large group but am glad I found the '06 2720SL instead. Suspect my next one will be a 2922KS but in no rush

Agree: 65 mph seems to be a sweet spot for my rig also though has felt stable in faster excursions.