PDA

View Full Version : Join Our Group, One More Time!

JTorsrud
02-01-2004, 08:38 AM
Hello Folks:

Dis-regard the previous post for the "Join our Group"! It was supposed to be an HTML link box for our website. But, it did not format correctly.

Anyway, we welcome everyone to come on over and join our Group and the link listed below.

Just post a reply to this message with your Email and we'll send you an invite to join our website and group.

The site will be used as another forum for TrailManor Owners.

It is TOTALLY FREE! Now, that being said, it won't be nearly as good as this site, but will provide another forum for TM owners and prospective owners.

We'd like to get a Photo album started of TM owners, along with photos of their spouses, family members and of course their TrailManors too.

Just leave a reply to this message (don't forget your Email) and we'll send you an invite to join.

Thanks and look forward to hearing from all of you.

Jeff and Brenda Torsrud 8) :D ;D

Here's the link:
http://groups.msn.com/JeffBrendasTrailManorSite/_whatsnew.msnw

bonzaibeaver
02-01-2004, 03:15 PM
What would your site have that this one doesn't? I really enjoy this site, it is well established, people follow the rules and are pleasant and extremely knowledgeable, so give me some good reasons why I'd want to go to another one - besides the fact that yours will be free. I don't mind the nominal fee for this one. I've learned enough to get more than just my money's worth out of it.

G-V_Driver
02-01-2004, 03:35 PM
Jeff,

Bonzai said what I thought when I read your post.

I don't know if the world needs another TM site, and have a hard time figuring out what we need that we don't have here. I too will be interested in your rationale for starting another site.

mjlaupp
02-01-2004, 07:17 PM
:-\ Don't need another Trailmanor board. Have all I can do to keep up with everyone on this one.

How long will your board continue to be free ???

Don't want nothing to do with the butterfly, MSN or Bill Gates :-[

I sponser this board so it will be free of advertisement. Why shoud I go to your board where the first thing to be found is advertisement ???

No Thanks >:(
MJL

JTorsrud
02-01-2004, 07:35 PM
To answer the responses:

The board is just that, another place for information and pictures.

It's FREE as long as they don't start charging me!!!!!

When that happens it goes away.

I'm not twisting anyones arms, it was just a gesture on my part to have people join.

Don't want to join???? OK!!!

I don't get into politics either. So, where Bill Gates is concerned, I could care less!!!!

I think I've said enough.

BOB_STRONG
02-01-2004, 08:28 PM
To All Who Are Thinking About The Site:

I don't think Jeff meant to be malicious or try to take loyal followers away from this wonderful site. We all are very proud of our TrailManors. What a better way to promote the TrailManor than to have another site where people can post pictures and have other things posted regarding their experiences with their TrailManors.

Most RV types don't even have 1 site yet alone the possibilty of 2 sites. What a better way than to show our support for TrailManor than to also be open minded about Jeff's site. Pople who are looking at TrailManors will then be surprised to see what a loyal following the company has. This can also be exemplified by all of the TrailBlazers Chapters that have sprung up across the country. Could you imagine what would have happened if the original chapter didn't want other chapters being started up? A lot of good times would be missed by all if this had not happened.

I know I love to see pictures of other TrailManors, but I think they have a problem showing them on this site because of space. I'm not sure about this fact though. There was a wonderful topic: Pictures of TrailManors, but people could no longer post to it.

What a better place than to have an alternate site like Jeff's to fill this void. I'm sure there are many people out there who would love to post pictures, but are not able to accomplish this.

Bob Strong
A Happy TrailManor Owner

G-V_Driver
02-01-2004, 09:22 PM
I didn't sense any malice or other nefarious motives on Jeff's part, but was just curious about what additional benefits would be available on another site that we don't have here.

If pictures are easier to post to Jeff's site, that would make sense to me, even though I don't know anything about that subject and have enough trouble with the words. I've been impressed with the interest and enthusiasm in Jeff's posts to this site and don't begrudge him the opportunity and desire to start another one if he wants.

k_and_p_camping
02-02-2004, 12:00 PM
I understand these folks are excited, but I just can't see the advantage of spreading out our little group. ??? I'd rather have one bigger, active site than 2 smaller sites. I don't want to take the time to look through two lists and I like the no-advertising policy here.

I also really don't like msn groups. Even though I have opted out of all email notices and "exciting offers from our sponsors" and everything else I can find, I still get 10x the spam on my hotmail account (used by msn Passport) than I do on my yahoo account. Even more interesting: I have NEVER sent an email with the hotmail account so the only possible way the spammers could have gotten it is from msn. I only had it to "reserve" a name I use!

Pam

JTorsrud
02-02-2004, 12:26 PM
You can all save any further comments and negative remarks!

My wife and I are moving on.

We never intended to undermine this board or anything else along those lines.

We are the nicest people in the world and yet have to READ and put up with these comments! NO MORE!

You are welcome to have "Your Little Group"!

Enough Said.

GOOD BYE!!

Jeffrey & Brenda Torsrud >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

jniles
02-02-2004, 12:55 PM
Hummmmmm

Chris
02-02-2004, 12:59 PM
Jeff had asked me to remove the posts here to drop the controversy, but I am wondering instead how we can take the ideas here and make this board better. There are no space restrictions because of size, but we did max out the directory once. I took care of that, and now everyone can post pictures again. If we need something specific for pictures, I am open to that as well.

Let's start the discussion and fix this the way we always have.
Ct..

jniles
02-02-2004, 01:03 PM
Posting pics was a problem until last week when you fixed the upload folder error. It is working fine now but many may not know it has been fixed.

Chris
02-02-2004, 06:05 PM
Alright, now that I have a bit more time to respond, let me do so properly.

This section is to post links to websites for TrailManor information, and that's what Jeff did. He is starting a site based on his ideas, and I encourage that. That's why I have a links section, and also provide web space to whoever sponsor wants it. I appreciate the loyalty that our members show, but again, what is important is providing each other and prospective owners the information that they are looking for. If someone else can do it better, I encourage that. I also encourage people to let me know what they would like to see or not. We can accomodate many things here.

With that said, the exchange of ideas here was valid, and I think that people were expressing their ideas back and forth. This type of exchange is healthy as long as we don't make it personal. So far I haven't seen that as a problem, but I also know that Jeff is upset with the way things were approached here.

It is not my intent to foster an environment where people are afraid to propose ideas, and more importantly better ways to do things. It is my intent to provide a place for you all to get together, have a good time, learn, and enjoy.

I make the same offer to you all that I did to Jeff. If this is no longer a site where you want to participate, let me know, and I'll process you a full refund. If you want to stay, please do, and let me know what you want to see different - if anything.

I want to consider this matter closed, and encourage any of you budding web artisans who would like to try your hand at it to contact me, and I'll provide the space to you.
Thanks
Ct..

Civil_War_Buff
02-02-2004, 07:04 PM
Wow, things went sour here on this one in a hurry! I don't look at this site as the ONLY Trailmanor site, but as the best one! The Yahoo group that has over 100 members was started by myself a little over a year ago, and I never viewed it as competition to this one. As a matter of fact, many of the members there are members of this site as well. Bob was nice enough to post the links to this site as well as to some other ones that folks might find helpful.

Jeff had the best of intentions I'm sure, and he posted his invitation on the Yahoo group too. Sometimes people are just curious and when there are some easy to deal with sites, sometimes it's a little less intimidating/

Anyhow, I hope that Jeff will stay and share his TrailManor experiences with us as well as on his site and the Yahoo one too. It's really all about TrailManors and not about where we learn about them.

This is a wonderful forum, one that has taught me a LOT about my TM, and I would never view any other site as taking that away, only making it better... Jeff's included.

Larry

B_and_D
02-02-2004, 08:58 PM
What a great country this is, with all our opportunity for freedom of speech.

Jeff and Brenda, I don't think that anyone meant to be offensive, they were just trying to be honest about their views. ::)

Sometimes people get busy and post a quick reply, and maybe if they'd taken a moment to reread what they've posted they would have changed what they wrote in order to avoid any possible misinterpretation. ???

You are welcome back here any time, and I do hope you do come back.

I think it's interesting to visit other people's sites and check out the things that they post. You have more freedom to "do your own thing" that way, and that's great. I don't think that having your own site takes anything away from this forum, it just adds to all of our resources for learning.

There are so many wonderful, helpful people on this board who have helped us out in our decision to buy, figuring things out, fixing things, improvements, etc. They have sent emails, invited us over to see their TM's before we decided to buy, and I can't say enough about the support I've received here.

Don't give up on this board yet!

kdrickard
02-03-2004, 01:17 AM
A few thoughts:

I think this site is great - without it we probably would have not purchased a TM since it is kind of a niche RV that sounds good, but that you might not buy without hearing from other owners first. Thanks Chris for saying something about keeping this site up when the cost of maintaining it became an issue and agreeing to continue it with sponsorship.

I liked that we found a few other independent websites when we were looking at TM,s that echoed in general the information on this site. I appreciate that Chris is open to posting links to other sites, including Jeff and Brenda's

Jeff: anyone that can fly a radio controlled helicopter is cool in my books. I know little about flying except on what I see on Discovery Wings and flying real helicopters seems difficult enough (although RC's are more forgiving :P).

I'm skeptical that anyone can do better on the main "Trailmanor Users" site than Chris, so I welcome any new TM links Chris thinks appropriate. Jeff and Brenda's link is fine by me. Civil War Buff's page, as are others, are also cool by me also (black powder and period costumes - cool).

Emails / Posts are very often misinterpreted. I can’t speak for others, but overall this is a very friendly group compared to most other forums I’ve been involved with.

Jeff/Brenda: I hope you stick around this forum.

Kevin

jbeletti
03-25-2004, 06:46 PM
Jeff and Brenda,

Come back! You're one of the few Chicago Area TMers I've met (online).

Let's stick together. Best of luck and hope to meet you both in person out there somewhere.

While it may not be the safest thing to do, I am considering posting my camping calendar on my website in the hopes that other TMers will see it and when our paths are going to pass, that we'll know in advance.

Maybe see you in Rockford this summer at the rally.

Jim (and Nancy)