PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Ordered Dealer Parts Recently?

oldstick
01-28-2015, 01:31 PM
I emailed the place called "The Car Show" (if not mistaken on the name) several months ago and I believe they replied that they do not sell TM parts any longer? I lost that email so can't confirm exactly what they told me.

Any other recommendations that are quick to respond and deal with? I know eventually the best thing is to call when finalizing the order, but I usually like to have as much info as possible up front before calling.

I mainly need a couple of the plastic covers over the lift arm pockets.

hillbillyhotel
01-28-2015, 02:16 PM
this is the answer I got last week after sending a request for parts off of a list from factory web site, mmm

We do not stock any trailmanor parts. I have forwarded your email to them. We will be in touch once we hear back.

Tabitha
Crown RV
2102 Iris Dr S
Conyers GA 30094

rvcycleguy
01-28-2015, 02:33 PM
They don't sell them anymore? or they don't stock them anymore? I dont care if they don't stock them anymore but do they sell them? Can they order parts?

hillbillyhotel
01-28-2015, 02:43 PM
well I take it from that response, that they do not stock .but can order, or hoping so, (if) I hear back from them, will update, but that was a week ago, so not holding my breath,, but also just be bad timing on my part with the move of factory 1000.. miles ;)

Bill
01-28-2015, 03:17 PM
I'm surprised. The Car Show is still listed as a stocking dealer on the TM web site. As a bit of (probably useless) info re those pocket covers, I bought a set a couple years ago from MCD. Debra warned me that the new covers would not fit the old trailers exactly, and needed a bit of trimming to get them on. She was right - not a big deal, but not a drop-in replacement, either. And now, the folks at The Car Show told me, and showed me, that the new trailers don't use this cover at all.

I can imagine that this kind of confusion over parts has discouraged dealers from trying to stock them. Bottom line, OldStick is that you can probably get the "new" covers if you are patient. They will have to come from the factory if they are available at all, and of course the factory is in the process of packing up and moving right now. And when you get them, you will have to trim them.

Bill

oldstick
01-28-2015, 03:59 PM
Interesting, like I mentioned I am not 100% sure what the response from CarShow was, whether they said "no parts" or only the particular ones I mentioned were unavailable. Also I emailed one other place and I can't remember whether it was Crown RV (in ATL, the closest to me) that Hillbilly mentioned or whether it was the dealer in North FL, but never got a response back that I saw.

But based on Bill's comments I may just stand pat with what I have. Only one is actually "broken" in one place (and that was my fault) and the other 5 are probably OK with some good cleaning and a spray paint job.

Would still be interested in knowing the status of parts availability in general for the future though...

luckylindyhopper
02-06-2015, 08:16 PM
We recently bought from The Car Show and our TM did not come with a wardrobe, something we wanted. They said they did not stock parts anymore but they could order parts for us. (This was back in early December.)