PDA

View Full Version : It's a tight fit!

Terryl
01-22-2015, 05:19 PM
When I had my car port put in it had to be 16 ft. Instead of the usual 18 feet due to the closeness of by shop and storage building.That makes it a tight fit for both the TV and the TM ! I gotta fold the mirrors back in order to get the TV in there! I also modified the bottom of the car port overhang in order to get the truck door open.

Michoshisho
01-22-2015, 08:57 PM
Looks the same in my garage! Tight fit!

ThePair
01-23-2015, 09:00 AM
Here's mine: http://www.trailmanorowners.com/forum/showpost.php?p=85073&postcount=72

Gotta love the TM!

TrailManorMan
01-23-2015, 09:56 AM
Nice parking, glad I have a 20X40 with 10' opening, makes life easier:)
Cost me $450 per year but I use it for other storage as well and it is within a mile from home, has security and easy in and out.
Not sure I wouldn't tear lights or something off if I had the above set ups!!

Padgett
01-23-2015, 11:04 AM
Why mine is sitting under tarps on a 10x25' pad instead of in the back garage: front door is only 97" wide.

Handy thing is that I can open it up in place and use as a guest cottage if needed. Trees make a canopy overhead (very shady, note the ferns) & I just keep low hanging branches trimmed.

$450/year for a 20x40 sounds like a good deal, things around here are more expensive.

rvcycleguy
01-23-2015, 12:42 PM
Glad the OP can store it at home. My HOA says no way... I pay about the same as the $450 per year offsite but the majority of the time, its in storage in the Texas Hill Country at a river side camp ground. Don't have to tow it out there and back for the 6-8 times I use it seasonally. When not at the river, its a mile from my home in storage.

Padgett
01-23-2015, 02:02 PM
I have a HOA as well but have learned to work inside their constraints: My TM is not visible from the street and is not parked on the grass.

True, some HOAs are less leinient but is always good to read the covenants carefully, there is often a loophole. Worst case I'd have to have the back garage door widened 6" or a foot & store inside.

moaboy
01-24-2015, 01:10 PM
Wow that is a tight fit in both situations. At least their "undercover" as they say....

KatesRiver
04-16-2015, 10:44 AM
Why mine is sitting under tarps on a 10x25' pad.

Like the way your tarp blends in with its surroundings. Two questions:
- where can I find one?
- do you find the tarp(s) keep it protected well? I had a popup once under an expensive cover; it leaked, and I didn't realize it until winter was over and it was too late. I'm reconsidering the tarp route now.

LoveToCamp
04-16-2015, 08:41 PM
Depending on how much you want to spend, tarps are various prices. I bought two heavy-duty tarps for $30 apiece, and lashed them together to cover my first trailer. They lasted two years.

I then bought a single, larger (thinner) tarp from Harbor Freight, for about $25 for one. It covers my entire trailer, and I believe it will last two years, also. Better cover, as my lashed-together tarps had an opening across the top. No problem, but not a complete seal.

I have chosen to go with Harbor Freight, as I have read where others have spent $400 for a custom cover, and it lasted about 4 years. I did the math, and decided on Harbor Freight.

HIKERZ
04-17-2015, 01:12 PM
Guess I'm real fortunate-our HOA provides a storage spot onsite in an enclosed area-your spot is yours I have a permanent structure to house the TM-part of the hoa deal- no extra cost

KatesRiver
04-18-2015, 07:07 PM
Depending on how much you want to spend, tarps are various prices. I bought two heavy-duty tarps for $30 apiece, and lashed them together to cover my first trailer. They lasted two years.

I then bought a single, larger (thinner) tarp from Harbor Freight, for about $25 for one. It covers my entire trailer, and I believe it will last two years, also. Better cover, as my lashed-together tarps had an opening across the top. No problem, but not a complete seal.

I have chosen to go with Harbor Freight, as I have read where others have spent $400 for a custom cover, and it lasted about 4 years. I did the math, and decided on Harbor Freight.

Thanks, LTC. I'll save that info for the next tt. Wish I'd done it on the last one!