PDA

View Full Version : campground memberships

skoegler
01-24-2004, 04:42 PM
I'm new to camping and have heard a lot about joining memberships to private campgrounds. Basics are paying an upfront fee but then only paying $4 - $8 per nite.

I'd be interested in hearing others' experiences. Is this more scam than service?

Windbreaker
01-24-2004, 05:53 PM
We were in CCC a few years ago. The buy in fee was hefty, and you are limited to the number of nights you can stay, but they were free. What we found most limiting was the location of the resorts. Not where we wanted to be.

I think most of those are designed for folks who really want to travel to cities.

Now, having said that, there are some programs out there where the up front fee is small, and you do pay about 1/2 what the campground list. But, some campgrounds limit the number of slots for those programs, and you need to check the listings, and maps as to what is where and if the fees apply all the time or just some times.

In other words, make sure you check everything before you jump. It's kinda like the airlines miles, you can have lots but can't use them because of all the restrictions.

Check carefully.

Bill
01-24-2004, 08:14 PM
There was a lively thread on that topic about a year ago. See

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/yabbse/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=156;star t=msg1355#msg1355

Bill

Mr. Camper
02-01-2004, 11:54 AM
We have been C2C members for years and didn't have any fee, hefty or not in the beginning. We paid our yearly dues to C2C and selected our homepark and paid their yearly dues. We They've instituted a new system this year using points instead of cards and so far it's proving to be terrific.

skoegler
02-01-2004, 01:25 PM
Thanks for your replies. I'll check these out.