PDA

View Full Version : South Padre/Andy Bowie

Chris_Bauer
12-01-2003, 05:26 AM
I just came back from South Padre Island (ĦQue Padre!). We visited a Winter Texan market at the convention center. To my surprise, across the road in Beach Access #2, there are now hookups and it was quite full. Does anybody from the Texas area know who manages this place? Is it Cameron County or Texas Parks? Looks much nicer than Isla Blanca, although it really is a parking lot the beach is much more private and definitely cleaner. Let me know because we are heading up there at Christmas before going to Big Bend.

dennisu
12-01-2003, 06:36 AM
chris

andy bowie is run by cameron county parks. we spend jan/feb at isla blanca and it was suppose to be available this year. while we spent our first winter at isla blanca this past jan/feb, we really enjoyed it even though our particular site was extremely small. i tried to get a larger one this year but no one had cancelled. we will be looking at andy bowie this jan to see if it might be a better place but we meet up with friends at isla blanca and that makes it really convienent for everyone. hope you enjoy your christmas there.

dennis