PDA

View Full Version : Jim and Nancy's 3023 Trailmanor Web

jbeletti
11-17-2003, 07:53 PM
Hi all,

I am new to the board and soon to be a new Trailmanor owner (a 3023). My only regret is that I take delivery in December (in the Chicago area!). But I am planning a winter trip around here somewhere - probably no Nancy for that trip!

Anyway, here's my TM site. After I actually get my TM and have some real adventures and experiences, I'll post more.

http://www.beletti.com/travel/trailmanor/trailmanor.htm

Jim

arknoah
12-09-2003, 07:16 AM
Looks good. God luck on your first trip -- I don't know if I would be heading out in the cold at that time, either!

ccc6588
03-25-2004, 05:41 PM
Very nice website. Extremely helpful. I may get the vision system. Do you think the Sony is worth the extra price?

jbeletti
03-25-2004, 06:26 PM
ccc6588,

Thanks - can't wait to be able to update the site with more camping adventure pictures as well as TM and TM mod pics.

As for the Sony RVCam, without looking back at Tim's website, I do believe the specs are better for the Sony.

Tim at www.rvcams.com is very good about returning emails. Send him your questions and be sure to tell him you found him from Jim's website.

I'll be trying out my rear vision cam system in April and will post results. As other more wiser board members have mentioned, longer side mirrors are not only strongly suggested, but is the law in some states. McKesh brand appears to be the mirrors or choice. I will be placing an order for a pair in the next few days and will use the cams to augment the mirrors.

Take care and camp safe,

Jim

jbeletti
04-12-2004, 10:02 PM
Just a quick update on this project...

First, thanks to everyone who provided input on this topic. I did take some of your advice and ordered/installed the McKesh mirrors from Hensley. They're pretty nice. I used them for a quick 60 mile round-trip tow to my mother-in-law's home in Orland Park (IL) to show her the trailer last weekend. I had yet to figure out that those 3 screws on the bottom of the mirror housings were to tighten the assembly down in the desired position. I reread the instruction sheet and still never found anything on it. Then tightened those 3 bottom screws and viola! Guess I should have taken things a bit slower instead of slapping them on and hitting the road.

As for the 2 rearvision cams, they look and work great, but, since they are not mounted out any farther than the outer rear corners of the roof, I still can't see well enough with them. I still need to tweak out the mirrors but as others have predicted, the mirrors will likely outperform the cameras.

I have a 25' section of cabling, so I think I'll relocate one of the cams to the Trailmanor real soon. With that pointing behind the TM from the top of it, I'll have an awesome rearview. Sunlight has been pretty much and nonexistent issues. Car headlights have been only a minor annoyance. Probably due to the height difference as the cams are at about 6.5 feet versus the vertical beam pattern of headlights behind me at close range.

Will update on this project later.

Jim