PDA

View Full Version : Inside of our 2014 2417 KD Standard

LoveToCamp
02-16-2014, 08:40 PM
I got the brackets to install the hanging cabinet. They were accidentally removed during dealer prep. Now, I can show pictures of the inside of our new 2417KD Standard.

Much more room than our old 2417 Sport! I have begun putting our supplies in, and maybe it is because I am arranging better, but there seems to be more usable storage in this than our Sport. I will have some open space (I don't plan to use every cubic inch, just because I have space).

You can see higher-res photos in my album, if you go to my profile.

Will get exterior pictures when I get it out on the street, or camping. It is next to the house right now, and not very photogenic. But, I like the 2014 graphics! Blue, with metal flake in the decals.

TrailManorMan
02-17-2014, 08:43 AM
That looks very nice, enjoy it ,

Septemberdude
02-27-2014, 05:11 PM
Inside looks great! We want to install new twin memory foam mattresses on the king platform. Question: we were told by our dealer that the maximum thickness of the mattress is 4", otherwise, the TM won't close. It looks like your king mattress with sleeping bags and egg crate is thicker than 4". What should we be planning?

Also, did you order the hanging cabinet from TM? Didn't see that as an option.

THanks.

I got the brackets to install the hanging cabinet. They were accidentally removed during dealer prep. Now, I can show pictures of the inside of our new 2417KD Standard.

Much more room than our old 2417 Sport! I have begun putting our supplies in, and maybe it is because I am arranging better, but there seems to be more usable storage in this than our Sport. I will have some open space (I don't plan to use every cubic inch, just because I have space).

Will get exterior pictures when I get it out on the street, or camping. It is next to the house right now, and not very photogenic. But, I like the 2014 graphics! Blue, with metal flake in the decals.

moaboy
03-01-2014, 09:22 PM
Do your bathroom walls fold like on the 26, 27 etc TM's?
Looks great!

lilysvalley
03-01-2014, 09:58 PM
the pictures seem to show the bathroom walls up and folded down.

B Lily

Brutus
03-04-2014, 05:54 PM
Very nice pix. Thx for sharing!

LoveToCamp
03-04-2014, 08:43 PM
Sorry, all, for missing the questions. I thought I checked back often enough to see the questions, but obviously I didn't.

Yes, the bathroom walls fold like all the other TM bathroom walls.

The max thickness for bedding is about 5". I could keep the sleeping bag on top of the old mattress, but can not keep the egg-crate foam. So.... I got a two-mattress air mattress from Camping World. Coleman. They zip together to make a king bed the same size as our sleeping bag. BUT, the Standard width TM has a wider bed tray, so I got two sticks of foam, 4" x 5" x 80". We now have small ledges next to each side of the bed, so we can put stuff on them (phone, flashlight, etc.) The point is, I deflate the air mattresses when we pack to leave, so all bedding can stay in-place. I have a 12v pump that inflates each mattress in less than 45 seconds. Very simple setup, I think.

Yes, I ordered the cabinet from TM. I just asked the dealer to order it, along with the 3-drawer chest. TM has no problem with "special orders" for items like that. I got a hanging cabinet for my old 2417, also. TM is very good about working with you on special items.

Yes, the pictures show with the bathroom walls up, and also down. We keep them down during the day, and only put them up at night. Wanted to show someone who may be interested in a 2417, how much more roomy the trailer is with the walls folded. It also gives us another flat space for putting food bins, so we have everything we need inside during the day, instead of having it in the car. Works for us.

Sorry it took so long for me to realize there were questions. Hope I took care of all of them.

Septemberdude
03-12-2014, 02:53 PM
Did you order the hanging cabinet from TrailManor? We were told that for the 2417KS they won't provide a hanging cabinet because there isn't any room for it to the right of the window over the sink? Am I missing something here between the 2417KS and your model 2417KD?

LoveToCamp
03-12-2014, 09:21 PM
I ordered it from TM. Large hanging cabinet, flat back. I have it to the right of the window over the stove, so it is between dinette bench and stove/fridge.

You can't hang a large, or small, cabinet between the window over the sink, and the door, as there is not enough room. But, there is plenty of room in a 2417 with a slide, to put it to the right of the sink.

Look at the picture of the slide end of our TM (first post), and you can see where it is. I have a 3-drawer chest (that I ordered from TM, also) to the right of the fridge/stove. It is under my hanging cabinet. Plenty of room for both!

ArkyDoodle
03-13-2014, 08:51 AM
So when you ordered the unit, you also included the hanging cabinet as an extra "option" and the factory created the mounting brackets?? Do you remember approximately what this cost??

LoveToCamp
03-13-2014, 08:40 PM
Arky - The cabinet was a $195 option. Came with the brackets for mounting, so I only had to position the brackets where I wanted, drill 4 holes per bracket in the wall, and screw the brackets to the wall. I left about 4" above the cabinet so we can put small items on top while camping.

Septemberdude
04-03-2014, 04:29 PM
We are anxiously awaiting delivery of our first TM - a new 2417KS. From you posts, I see that you have both a hanging wall cabinet and a 3-drawer chest on the floor in your new 2417KD. Is there room to store both of these cabinets - and the chair - when the TM is folded down? Our dealer wasn't too sure. Thanks.

Septemberdude.
Keene, NH

LoveToCamp
04-03-2014, 06:11 PM
I have the KD, and I put the cabinet and chest between the benches. No problem. But, I plan to only use a camp chair if I need more seating, and not carry a lounge chair at all.

With your KS, there may be room to put the chest against one wall, and the cabinet against the other, then put the chair between them. It would also be in front of the fridge, and be on both levels.

If my TM was not under 3" of snow, I would open it and look, and guesstimate where the sofa would be. We looked at one, so I have an idea how much room there should be in front of it. But, 6" last night, and it has not all melted, yet.

If you got a small chair (not a full-size Laz-E-Boy), it will likely fit.

tentcamper
04-03-2014, 08:13 PM
I like your idea with the bed mattress.

LoveToCamp
04-03-2014, 08:46 PM
"I like your idea with the bed mattress. " So does the DW. Makes for happier camping!

ArkyDoodle
04-04-2014, 01:26 PM
We just ordered a 2417KS SS (King Slide - Silvertrail Sport with the couch) and included the same hanging cabinet (to the right of the "kitchen" window). We also are having TM build a 36" wide floor cabinet (where you've got the three drawer chest)....and they threw in the chair (don't know if we'll ever even use it but the price was right!)....

LoveToCamp
04-04-2014, 01:48 PM
One has got to love working with TM! They are willing and able to do just about any modification we are willing to pay for. Can't ask for more than that!

I wish we had known about the Silver Trail when we ordered our new one. Would have gone that route, instead of the white model!

tentcamper
04-04-2014, 01:53 PM
That looks so nice, and it sounds like your so excited to get out. Happy camping and may you always have sunny days and a tail wind when traveling.

gerrym51
04-18-2014, 08:12 PM
We are anxiously awaiting delivery of our first TM - a new 2417KS. From you posts, I see that you have both a hanging wall cabinet and a 3-drawer chest on the floor in your new 2417KD. Is there room to store both of these cabinets - and the chair - when the TM is folded down? Our dealer wasn't too sure. Thanks.

Septemberdude.
Keene, NH

septemberdude, i see you are in NH. did you order from MCD

moaboy
04-18-2014, 09:46 PM
My brother in law made me a nice cabinet for over the stove and I bought a set of brackets from TM to mount it as I could not find anything that worked as well in hardware stores. Can't remember what they cost but while they weren't cheap, they were not overly expensive.

Bailey'sMom
04-19-2014, 11:02 AM
Love to camp....I noticed in your pictures that your refrig is the normal TM 3cft size. Is that standard now in the 2417 because the Milwaukee dealer has some 2014 models on their website but they only have the small 1.9 cu ft fridge. Just wondering why the difference?

LoveToCamp
04-21-2014, 10:35 AM
The larger 'fridge is supposed to be the standard model, now. They have upgraded all (I believe) components to be the same as the other models. The only downside to this is the sink counter in the 2417 is low. Since they reconfigured the interior of the 2417 from when we purchased one of the first units, the floorplan necessitates the sink being under the bed when the unit is closed. But, to me (not to my DW, though), it is not a problem. TM raised the counter when they built ours, to be as high as it can get. It was about 2" lower, before.