PDA

View Full Version : So Cal winter beach camping

Redtail Cruiser
12-30-2013, 11:36 AM
DW and I spent three days at the beach after our Kids and Grandkids went home after Christmas. It was perfect weather and as the photos show, it wasn't very crowded. The fishing was excellent, caught all the perch, sand bass and shark I could handle. We're thinkin about heading back after New Years, cause the weather is supposed to be the same.

Happy New Year everyone and safe travels to all.

TrailManorMan
12-30-2013, 01:17 PM
We are jealous!!!! Happy New Year to you and all the other members, snowing here in Ohio:(

Riwright
12-31-2013, 01:30 AM
Where is that?

Redtail Cruiser
01-05-2014, 03:26 PM
Hello All,

Just got home from our first camping trip of 2014. We went to the the same beach we went to last week, which is Cocklebur Beach located just south of San Onofre on Camp Pendleton Marine Base.

When the Marines are not conducting training or landings, the beach is available to active and retired military, as well as active and retired civilian contractors for on-beach camping.

This trip had good weather, good fishing and we brought our Grandsons with us for the first two days, then took two more days to recover from keeping up with the boys. :)

lilysvalley
02-27-2014, 06:18 PM
Hello All,

Just got home from our first camping trip of 2014. We went to the the same beach we went to last week, which is Cocklebur Beach located just south of San Onofre on Camp Pendleton Marine Base.

When the Marines are not conducting training or landings, the beach is available to active and retired military, as well as active and retired civilian contractors for on-beach camping.

This trip had good weather, good fishing and we brought our Grandsons with us for the first two days, then took two more days to recover from keeping up with the boys. :)

hi tim, i am planning a trip to the west coast in march. my travels will take me into the san diego area in two weeks. i would be interested in camping on that beach you have posted photos of on camp pendleton during my stay. i have recently retired from the navy and would like to visit the area. would you please let me know what i need to do to arrange it.

thanks, B lily

Redtail Cruiser
02-27-2014, 09:05 PM
Hi B lily,

If you will send me a PM, I will be happy let you know the details about the beach.