PDA

View Full Version : First trip with new 2922

surrph
06-05-2013, 07:07 AM
Memorial Day Weekend campsite 2013 on Cape Cod. The evening after photo got wind and 2 inches of rain. Glad I wasn't in my tent!

MarkoPolo
06-05-2013, 08:39 AM
Aren't they great! On our first trip in April we experienced some of the hardest rain and strongest wind gusts I have ever camped in. Worked like a charm, not a drop of water inside.
Mark

wbmiller3
06-05-2013, 07:18 PM
Great campsite! Looks like fun.

Shadowcats
06-08-2013, 10:43 AM
Nice pics...would love to came in the area sometime. I'm retired Army...if I never see another tent it will be too soon. We've been in down pores and heavy rain...always warm and dry in the TM. Of course sitting up can get ya a little wet, but hey that's have the fun. Continue to enjoy!

rvcycleguy
06-08-2013, 12:34 PM
we camped in our TM last weekend in the Texas Hill Country. Late Saturday night, early Sunday morning, it was forecasted for heavy rain showers to move through the area.

Sure enough about 5am, thunder and lighting. The tenters next to us got up about 4am and packed up. Got those sleepy kids up and packed by flashlight. I felt bad for them as we watched from the comfort of our TM. They left and almost minutes later the sky opened up and rained hard for 2 hours. Some of the other tenters that thought they found a perfect site were suddenly inundated with rain run off. DW watched out one side window and I on the other as tenters scrambled for their cars. Sheer entertainment for us at 5-6am.

Beak12
06-08-2013, 04:00 PM
Nice pics...would love to came in the area sometime. I'm retired Army...if I never see another tent it will be too soon. We've been in down pores and heavy rain...always warm and dry in the TM. Of course sitting up can get ya a little wet, but hey that's have the fun. Continue to enjoy!

I'm retired ARNG and I did not mind setting up a GP Medium tent until the 1SG had us move it again and again. LOL :)