PDA

View Full Version : May Camping in Colorado

Shadowcats
05-25-2013, 07:23 PM
Well wouldn't recommend it, but we faired Ok in cold weather, ice/snow roads, and a few frozen water lines. Didn't expect getting caught on I-70 West of the tunnel (West of Denver). Found a good camp ground, but things got a little cold that night. No damage and everything works great...TMs really aren't made for this kind of weather. Second time in the snow - we were comfortable all night.

MarkoPolo
05-25-2013, 08:10 PM
Wow, what a pretty photo. Looks like you had hook ups, do you mind sharing where you camped?

scrubjaysnest
05-26-2013, 04:55 AM
Well wouldn't recommend it, but we faired Ok in cold weather, ice/snow roads, and a few frozen water lines. Didn't expect getting caught on I-70 West of the tunnel (West of Denver). Found a good camp ground, but things got a little cold that night. No damage and everything works great...TMs really aren't made for this kind of weather. Second time in the snow - we were comfortable all night.
We had planned at hosting again at Spruce Grove on the Mesa again this year. Things didn't work out that way. As for camping in the cold weather with the TM; we love it. Look for The Geeks thread on cold weather camping.

Shadowcats
05-29-2013, 11:00 PM
Check out the recommended camp ground thread - all the info on the camp ground is there. We've been in the snow and cold several times now - There is beauty to it and trouble too. TMs just don't have the insulation in the right places, so water pipes tend to freez up. I did add insulation in several places, so maybe next time will be better. I don't carry heat tape for a water line, so we use internal water, but still had some freez problems. For winter we usually put antifreeze in the dump lines so the valves won't freeze up...works pretty well too.