PDA

View Full Version : Almost done the rehab on our "92" TM

rgbrennan
06-09-2012, 12:23 PM
So after many months we have finally been able to paint our insides touch up the outside and close to putting up homemade curtains and cushions. should have final pictures next week now that i have finally reframed almost all of the wood framing in the walls. what a nightmare but totally was fun.

countrygirl
06-09-2012, 01:34 PM
Looks awesome...I look forward to seeing the curtains.

hillbillyhotel
06-09-2012, 01:41 PM
Wow
that is looking good!:) and you are right, alot of work to redo one, but so much worth it when we are done, got to take ours out 2 wks back after all the work, some freinds had seen ours a little after we got it, then last week again for the first time since all the work we done ,was a proud moment;)
the grt thing about redoing it , is we get to do it the way you want it done, will look forward to the finished pic?

ottfour
06-09-2012, 02:01 PM
That looks great. So when I need a restoration job done on mine do you work cheap? Michigan isn't that far away for me. Only kidding, very nice work Thanks for the pictures.

Scottie Dogs
06-09-2012, 03:00 PM
GREAT JOB, this is so cool, I agree what a job, but you guys will be very proud:)

Dave

foxhaven0
06-09-2012, 04:10 PM
Looks great. I notice your windows on the front and rear are large compared to the newer ones on our '01 3124ks and others I've seen. Very nice!

B_and_D
06-09-2012, 07:54 PM
It looks wonderful! It looks to be in great shape, both inside and out.

rgbrennan
06-10-2012, 04:10 AM
Yes B_and_D overall the surface was in good shape it was all the stuff thats hidden that was in bad shape. All the wood framing was pretty much gone and the back wall was completely pulled away from the side walls.

grakin
06-10-2012, 11:45 AM
Wow, your TM is looking great - I would never have believed you replaced the wood framing if you didn't tell us!

newtome3326k
06-10-2012, 01:03 PM
I agree it looks awesome.

rgbrennan
06-10-2012, 03:22 PM
yes Grakin i think i posted pictures in an earlier post of some of the framing i replaced if not i will post either in this thread or in exterior thread. Definately puts ones handy man skills to the test.

Fowlerp
06-10-2012, 05:46 PM
So after many months we have finally been able to paint our insides touch up the outside and close to putting up homemade curtains and cushions. should have final pictures next week now that i have finally reframed almost all of the wood framing in the walls. what a nightmare but totally was fun.

Hi I have a 1995 TM 2518 that has some wood rot. I would like to talk to you about where to start a project like this.
Thanks
Pat Fowler Franktown, Co.

Tom-417
06-11-2012, 06:35 AM
Great Job! Makes my "89 TM 23 really show her age.

trailbiker
06-11-2012, 07:38 AM
Great Job!! Thanks for putting up the pics. Now I want bigger windows.

B_and_D
06-11-2012, 07:54 AM
Another thing I noticed is that, from the pictures, it appears that the electrical hookup cord is located right next to the water intake (in the front)? Mine is at the back of the trailer, as are all other TM's I've ever seen.

rgbrennan
06-11-2012, 01:58 PM
Yes the power cord retracts into the bench area up front where the water tank is located. And i also have lights on each side of the front bed that can be turned on and off by the sky light window in the roof. Folwerp i will contact you by message to discuss how to go about changing or replacing the wood in your camper.

MariaG
06-11-2012, 03:11 PM
Looks great!!! I still haven't finished painting the inside of ours. Our son is rebuilding a car in our driveway at the moment, but as soon as he's done we'll be working on the Origami again. We'll be cleaning and prepping the outside for paint, but I think the floor and recovering the couch will be waiting for next year - too busy with school to do it right now but I only have two more semesters!

Fowlerp
06-11-2012, 03:45 PM
Thanks Russell
I'm new at using the site and have not figured out how to post pictures and answer or post questions yet, but i won't give up, I will figure this out.
Pat

rinshin
06-15-2012, 10:38 PM
Don't know why but I can't pull up these thumbnail pics. It's keeps trying, but stalls. Finally pulled up. Great work!

Fowlerp
06-18-2012, 09:39 PM
Hi Russell
I got a respose from you a few weeks ago and tried to reach you but I guess I did something wrong. I would like to know how to go about starting replacing some of the wood rot on my 1995 Trail Manor.
Let me know how to contact you.
Thanks
Pat (Fowlerp)

11-08-2012, 02:57 PM
:)
What a job! It would be fun to see the finished project.

kieranmullen
02-27-2013, 09:33 PM
I had trouble too.

Don't know why but I can't pull up these thumbnail pics. It's keeps trying, but stalls. Finally pulled up. Great work!

mjlaupp
02-27-2013, 11:59 PM

I had trouble too.
That's because the pictures are 3.3 MB each. Your/My browser downloads 4000 x 3000 pixels and then reduces the oversize file by 22% so it will fit on a single video page. :eek:

It would be much faster if the OP would reduce the size of the pictures before uploading them to the forum. :)

Here is how: http://www.trailmanorowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2505 :spock:
(http://www.trailmanorowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2505)

kieranmullen
02-28-2013, 12:06 AM
I7 processor 16 GB ram and I have a 15 mb fiber optic line... The picture size are normally fine for me. Board or host is having issues I believe.