PDA

View Full Version : Camping World VIP Invitation

Barb&Tim
05-01-2012, 07:28 PM
EDIT: For Bill, I have no idea why I put this post here. Can you please move the thread to the off topic? -- Thanks - Tim
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We got a special VIP invitation to go to a new camping world store that recently opened nearby. They said the president of Good Sams would be there. Did not think too much of it but had nothing to do this afternoon so we dropped by.

Folks, if you happen to get one of these Camping World VIP invites -- you better go!

They gave away a small fortune in door prizes. For example, one lady filled a shopping cart with over $3000 worth of merchandise and will probably have a picture of her and her cart in the Good Sams Highways magazine. It was impressive how she got that $890 recliner on that cart with all the other stuff.

They gave away much more than that. One guy was asked what prize he wanted -- he wanted and got a generator. Many others got to fill a shopping cart and there was quite a few $500 giveaways. Last two cash winners got $2500 and $3000.

Alas, As luck would have it, our card to win was not pulled. But I can't say it was a total washout for us as we got free food & drinks and got the opportunity to upgrade our Good Sams membership to a lifetime membership for $20. That worked out well since our membership was about to expire and the current rate for a Lifetime Membership is $399.

We actually had a good time watching the lucky ones freak out with their winnings.

Tim

countrygirl
05-01-2012, 07:41 PM
This is a cool and very happy story!

klv5920
05-01-2012, 08:10 PM
Hey, what fun!! Nothing like a good party!
And that $20 membership is a great gift!
Don't worry, your "Luck" will show up somewhere else!! ;-)

Karen

scrubjaysnest
05-02-2012, 08:26 PM
I hope they wait until we get back in November.

countrygirl
05-14-2012, 04:57 PM
We got one of these in the mail on Friday. The VIP day is this Friday the 18th. Boohoo...I can't go.