PDA

View Full Version : Dealer problem

JulesForSure
12-30-2011, 10:51 AM
Left my Elkmont in "free" storage at the dealer in FL. Had leak issues before we left for IL and dealer was to recaulk all and clean up the water spots. Returned to find the unit exactly the same with the supposedly recalled Carrier a/c dangling from the ceiling and front panel off. Also noted shower faucet had been removed. Dealer needed the part for another unit and helped himself. Unit smells like dampness, has waterspots on dining couch and no a/c, no shower faucet. He is somewhat pompous about the situation. What do I do from here? It was a brand new 2010 when I bought it last January.

JulesForSure

Scott O
12-30-2011, 11:48 AM
"What do I do from here?" Get an attorney and sue them back to the stone age. This is not tolerable, and made worse by a "pompous" attitude.

rumbleweed
12-30-2011, 11:54 AM
I would notify TM if they are a TM franchisee
I would notify Carrier if the AC was to be fixed under Carrier warranty/recall
I would look for another place to store it then insist on having it put back as you brought it in ( AC in place or fixed and faucet replaced). If dealer continues to be unresponsive, file a theft report with police on faucet and get dealers ins info for replacement. Certainly don't be afraid of listing the dealers name so it doesn't happen to others. If used properly, the internet can be a powerful tool ( ie Netflix and BofA fee reversals).

moaboy
12-30-2011, 12:11 PM
1. Don't get mad, just make them pay. (Although one should be furious.)
2. Ask them if they care about their reputation. As you will spread the word if they don't address the situation promptly and add something for good will.
3. Let TM know of the problem if they are a dealer as suggested.
4. Are you dealing with the owner? If not ask for him/her.
5. Document as much *** possible by taking photos etc.
Good luck- sounds like one bad apple.

Bill
12-30-2011, 12:33 PM
In addition to the above responses -

If this is a TM dealer, they are probably aware of this board, and probably aware that the factory folks read it regularly. If not, make them aware of the board, and aware of your post, and let them know that you will be posting a follow-up, detailing their handling of the problem, in one month. And as was said earlier, be sure to give us the name of the dealership.

Bill

rumbleweed
12-30-2011, 08:20 PM
Another option is to write to the consumer advocate for HiwaysMagazine ( Good Sam mag). They may try to help or publish the issue in their mag. The neg publicity in a wide distribution mag will not be good for biz

HIKERZ
12-31-2011, 12:30 PM
As I live in fl also I would really like to know who this guy is. Is he in Ocala?

hillbillyhotel
12-31-2011, 05:31 PM
I got to say you have some grt self control, pictures and documentation is the way to go, and a lawyer, a mean one!!
I would also bet the rv dealer has a facebook page and a twitter acc. I wonder how they would like that story there,?

scrubjaysnest
01-01-2012, 05:07 AM
I would also like to know, to my knowledge there is only one authorized TM dealer in Florida, that is JD Sanders RV, they don't have a facebook or twitter account from looking at their web page. They do belong to several RV associations. My dealings with them haven't been much, an e-mail that wasn't answered. Cost them a TM sale to us last year. A phone call with a question about the TM they couldn't answer. We met a couple from Ocala, Fl this summer that bought two TM's from them a 2619 which they traded back in for a 2720SL and they were very happy with their dealings.