PDA

View Full Version : Pensacola Beach. FL (Fort Pickens)Ou

Russ-Bett
09-02-2003, 06:03 PM
Our last trip was to Fort Pickens near Pensacola, FL. Fort Pickens has a campground (about 200) sites run by the National Park System. It is a great place for fishing, swimming, biking, history, and relaxing. We plan on going there again in the future.

Windbreaker
09-03-2003, 06:56 PM
While in the Navy I went to school in Pensacola and fell in love with the place. Your post just told me I'm going again next spring. Thanks!

Russ-Bett
09-04-2003, 05:39 PM
Your welcome.

Another great place to visit in Pensacola is the Naval Museum of Aviation. Since you were in the Navy, you may already know about this great display of naval airplanes.

kempert
02-13-2004, 04:59 PM
I just spent 2 weeks at Ft. Pickens. I love it (I saw a lot of white - not snow, but beautiful beaches for miles with very little human development around) and will return. It's not the place for those who don't like the sound of military planes flying nearby (to me the sound of freedom) as it is less than 1 mile from Pensacola Naval Air Station. Starting next month, you can watch the Blue Angels practice their show from Ft. Pickens' pier.

After March 1st you are limited to 14 days and a total of 44 days for the year. These limits show how popular it is. Please don't tell non-Trailmanor owners about it! You can make reservations up to 5 months ahead of time. It is part of the Gulf Islands National Seashore.

kickchk
06-14-2004, 09:51 AM
After reading your note about Fort Pickens campground, I'm glad we're heading that way in a few day! I can't wait! Its been years since we've been camping.. time to have some fun again! Thanks for sharing your comments!

Pam