PDA

View Full Version : Trip to Ouray

jwarrensite
08-21-2011, 05:38 PM
Here is a nice pic we took next to Blue Mesa Reservoir on the road between Gunnison and Montrose. We've been having a great time, thanks to our home away from home!!

http://jeffreyandkelley.com/images/DSC_2649_640_crop.jpg

Scottie Dogs
08-21-2011, 05:44 PM
Very nice thanks for posting...

klv5920
08-22-2011, 06:52 PM
Nice picture. Nice camper! Keep on keeping on!

Karen

Scott O
08-22-2011, 09:32 PM
Last time I saw Blue Mesa it was frozen solid and a deer was walking across it!

T and C
12-07-2011, 03:21 PM
Last time I saw Blue Mesa it was frozen solid and a deer was walking across it!

Your thread is titled "Trip to Ouray". Many year ago the wife and I were tent camping at the KOA in Ouray. It is in a beautiful little valley with a stream running through it. Definitely not the "Kruddy Open Areas" some KOA's have become.

I was walking near my tent when suddenly there was a very loud BANG! that scared us both. A little while later a sherrif's car rolled up. Someone had heard that noise and went to the office saying I was firing a gun in the campground. However, it had already happened again and when it did I had heard laughing coming from the top of the cliff that is on the west side of the campground. The stream is at the base of the cliff. I had walked down to the stream, and some young men on the deck of a cabin above thought it would be funny to drop another M-80 into the bushes nearby.

When I told the sherrif what had happened he looked up and called out, "Billy you stay right there. I'll be around in a few minutes to talk to your folks."

I hope they lit an M-80 on the seat of his pants.

Tom

moaboy
12-11-2011, 07:03 PM
What is your weather like?
Or in other words-how cold does it get at night?
Great photo!