PDA

View Full Version : Delted thread?

Dave99gst
07-06-2011, 05:21 AM
I posted a thread and its deleted ..any idea why ?

Bill
07-06-2011, 08:26 AM
Can you remind me of the topic, and where it was posted? Are you sure it was deleted, and not simply moved? Did you start the thread, or just respond on someone else's thread? Give me something to work with here.

Bill

Dave99gst
07-06-2011, 08:40 AM
I started a new thread in the TrailManor Pictures area - i posted about my first trip in the TM and linked some pictures of my damaged awning. Unless it never posted for some reason ?

rumbleweed
07-06-2011, 08:57 AM
It is still here under Camping stories

see: http://www.trailmanorowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11862

Barb&Tim
07-06-2011, 09:05 AM
@Dave99gst, I suspect your board trial membership ended, cutting you off from many areas of the board.

Tim

Dave99gst
07-06-2011, 01:12 PM
ohhhhhhhh that makes sence

kieranmullen
02-28-2013, 09:40 AM
I suspect my posts are also being moved to a hidden section of the forum but I have not received any notice as such and unsure if it is just the forum not working correctly again.

It would be kinda silly to have even more sub sections since many of them are ghost towns already. It would be a far better idea to combine them.

kieranmullen
02-28-2013, 10:51 AM
If I had restricted access then why were posts moved that I made today?

No communication from the board admin is not good.

I wonder what other sites he hosts. You can find out here
http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/web-sites-on-web-server/

Just info:

It appears your 30day trial membership has expired -- as such, you are now restricted to the public areas of the forum. Only subscribers have access to the rest of the forum.

Barb&Tim
02-28-2013, 10:55 AM
Dis-regard my deleted post since you have just subscribed you now should have full access.

kieranmullen
02-28-2013, 10:59 AM
Yea I did that after my posts started being moved without notification. I felt I had no choice. Not good admin etiquette in my opinion. There are too many empty forums now that I can see more. Admins never get this...

If you have fewer forums with more postings it will seem more active and people will want to return and your post have a higher chance of being seen and people returning.

Also if email notification is on by default people are more likely to return. Oh someone finally replied to that post from a month ago but someone will never know because they do not have topic notification setting turned on.

Dis-regard my deleted post since you have just subscribed you now should have full access.

mjlaupp
02-28-2013, 11:15 AM
....There are too many empty forums now that I can see more....

....If you have fewer forums with more postings it will seem more active and people will want to return and your post have a higher chance of being seen and people returning.....

The current forum format is the result of several discussions and trial formats between the charter members and the administrator. We like it this way.

kieranmullen
02-28-2013, 11:17 AM
Yup Well the Captain at the Titantic didn't want to change course either.

To each their own.

rvcycleguy
02-28-2013, 11:20 AM
Yea I did that after my posts started being moved without notification. I felt I had no choice. Not good admin etiquette in my opinion. There are too many empty forums now that I can see more. Admins never get this...

If you have fewer forums with more postings it will seem more active and people will want to return and your post have a higher chance of being seen and people returning.

Also if email notification is on by default people are more likely to return. Oh someone finally replied to that post from a month ago but someone will never know because they do not have topic notification setting turned on.

I would suggest you take a breather and let owners respond when they can or have an interest. This site is unique and unlike many others you may be browsing and posting. The site has recently been reactivated due to some unforeseen issues. During the winter and early spring months when we are not using our TM, the site can be slow to respond with answers to your queries. It's obvious your excited about the new to you TM and that's great. Slow down on the number of posts or consolidate to one post announcing yourself and be patient.

kieranmullen
02-28-2013, 11:29 AM
Not so excited as waiting for wife to return from an ortho appointment that went overdue so I am handling sales questions and emails from clients. Off too a photo shoot now...

BTW Often in many other circles combining posts is NOT suggested. After using the search tool to search by topic, I create a thread with ideal keywords in it.

Pick your subject...

"I have a problem"

"I have a problem with my water heater"

"I have a problem with my water heater also looking for light covers and a door lock for the lower door"