PDA

View Full Version : Window Over Sink in Elkmont

Shandysplace
11-30-2010, 11:34 AM
Our new Elkmont 26 was delivered w/no side window treatments as is the window immediately to the right of it. All Elkmont windows in our 26 are dressed w/a valence across the top and two decorative side panels except for the window over the sink. Has anyone received an incomplete window over the sink in this way? TrailManor is telling us the side panels are no longer available for that window. It looks awful finished this way. If yours is finished, could you take a photo and send it to [email protected].

Bigbit
11-30-2010, 01:23 PM
Here's what my kitchen window looks like on my Elkmont 24:

http://www.scubajoe.net/gallery2/d/3478-2/CIMG0855.jpg

The only beef I have is that their "valence" covers one of the two plugs on the under-cabinet 120V receptacle.

cochise
11-30-2010, 06:29 PM
Mine looks the same, but we had to shorten the blinds as they were too long.
But so were the blinds at the end of the camper. And there is a valance above the blinds.

cochise
11-30-2010, 06:31 PM
Here's what my kitchen window looks like on my Elkmont 24:

http://www.scubajoe.net/gallery2/d/3478-2/CIMG0855.jpg

The only beef I have is that their "valence" covers one of the two plugs on the under-cabinet 120V receptacle.

Did you install the AC outlet on the bottom of the cabinet? I drilled a hole all the way back in the corner and hooked an extension cord to the microwave oven outlet above, that worked fine.

Bigbit
11-30-2010, 09:13 PM
The two outlets that you see in the photo came with the rig.

Beak12
12-02-2010, 04:21 PM
Did you install the AC outlet on the bottom of the cabinet? I drilled a hole all the way back in the corner and hooked an extension cord to the microwave oven outlet above, that worked fine.

MY 2010 Elkmont 24 has the same window treatment but only half the size window. Perhaps it's because I have the one with the couch that makes into a bed (with air mattress). :rolleyes:

Shandysplace
12-02-2010, 05:40 PM
We have confirmed that the window over the sink valence ends on all Elkmont 26s are unfinished and appreciate all the comments. We've decided to see if we can obtain some of the valence fabric from TM and finish the ends ourselves.

Shandysplace
03-04-2011, 03:00 PM
Ed Lytle finally got one to us and we had it installed. Warranty paid for the labor.