PDA

View Full Version : Frankenmuth, MI: Jellystone Park

KdHammonds
07-23-2003, 04:51 PM
We just returned from a 4th of July trip to Frankenmuth, MI. We stayed at the Jellystone Park and were very pleased with the campground. The facilities are very nice and well maintained. The restrooms were exceptionally cleaned as a result of the twice a day cleaning schedule. There were plenty of activities for the kids including evening movies. An indoor pool is part of the facility and was quite warm and eliminated the need to worry about sunscreen on the kids. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

The negatives were that the sites are rather small and screen houses are not allowed. Also, campfires are prohibited at your site due to a local ordinance. These are the only small complaints.

Frankenmuth is a quaint tourist town with a unique Bavarian background. Bronner's Christmas store claims to be the largest in the country and the covered bridge and Riverplace a scenic spots to spend some time.

Our 3023 worked wonderful for the family. The only issue we had was with the brakes. As we neared Frankenmuth the brakes on the trailer failed. I am not sure if the problem exists in the brake controller or on the trailer brakes themselves. I am suspicious based on "listening" for the electric magnets to engage when we were sitting still that the curb side brakes are not working. I am going to have to review the previous posts on checking/repairing the brakes. Unfortunately there is not a TM dealer nearby. Sorry for digressing.

Anyway....Jellystone Park in Frankenmuth is on our A-list of campgrounds.

Happytrails
07-29-2003, 05:17 PM
KD, the brake system on your TM is pretty standard across the industry as far as I know. (I'm sure there are others, but think they're following industry standards on that kinda thing). You should be able to take it to ANY RV shop that's familiar with trailer brakes. (As opposed to regular brakes on a motorhome.....). At least it seems that way from reading my manual on them anyway. I could be wrong...if so, please correct me someone........ ;)

Happytrails........

KdHammonds
07-30-2003, 05:47 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I plan on taking my TM to a local, within 50 miles, RV dealer to have them take a look at them. I have worked on disc brakes before, but I don't feel comfortable with the trailer brakes.

I let you know how it works out.

Happytrails
07-31-2003, 04:19 PM
Lol, forgot tho, you might have to be close by to open the TM if they're not familiar with them so they can actually get to the brakes! ::)

Happytrails.......